What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I recently saw 16 Blocks and man, did Bruce look like shit in that movie! It looked as if he were about to drop dead of exhaustion. :frowning:

I hope they made him look like that on purpose and he doesn't really look like that now. :frowning:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

The linked article worded it somewhat differently:

".... the film will feature McClane attempting to stop a techno-terrorist from shutting down the nation's computer systems..."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They did. The whole point of Bruce's character in that is that he's about to drop dead of exhaustion or apathy or whatever. This was clearly a man past his prime, on the razor's edge of burn-out. "John McClaine" is not that character.

And I think Live Free or Die Hard is an excellent title. Just the kind of over the top thing the series needs. It's going to pale in comparison to the original, so might as well go down with all guns blaring.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I don't know, after all the shit this poor man has endured, it might just be exhaustion that finally does him in. ;)

I'm really looking foreward to seeing how the past few years have treated McClane and hearing his bitching when he gets dragged into another crisis that he wants no part of lol.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Even though his recent outings have downright sucked, I feel weird not having McTiernan at the helm of a Die Hard movie.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

From the article, Wiseman said none of the characters from the earlier movies were returning. I don't know why they would do that.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I know it's old news, and I promise not to comment in here much. No McTiernan *IS* weird. So, instead of the guy who directed Predator and Hunt for Red October, we get the guy who directed the Underworld flicks? Even Harlin isn't looking so bad :D

(full disclosure - I hated both Underworld flicks...I gave the second a chance, because the concept was fun. I was right the first time)

I do LOVE the title, which means it has no chance of seeing a marquee. It'll be back to DH 4.0 at some point. I won't be seeing the film, though :frowning:

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Darkhorizons says it'll be in front of select prints of Blood Diamond. New 300 trailer is in front of Apocalypto, Pathfinder's in front of both A and BD, and TMNT is in front of Unaccompanied Minors.

Regards,
Nathan

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Looks fine as an action movie I suppose, but if it wasn't for the tag lines in it I would have no idea that was a Die Hard movie instead of some generic Bruce Willis action movie. The trailer just didn't convey the *feeling* of a Die Hard movie.

Willis just looked way too calm and collected (and perhaps bored) there. A lot of the fun of the McClane character was always the "How the f*** am I going to get out of this one" appearance that he always conveyed.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

Kevin, I was thinking the exact same thing. He seemed too in-charge. Whether he's like that the whole time, though, who knows. Also, now that I've had time to think about it, I'm also disappointed that Justin Long is once again playing Every Justin Long Character Ever. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satimis
Recent bookmarks