What's new

"Little Shop of Horrors" 1986 (1 Viewer)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
"Little Shop of Horrors" turns 25 this year - so where's the blu-ray? Warner Bros loves their anniversary dates and 25 is a big one. So where is this cult favorite?

And what about the original ending that was re-filmed? "Little Shop" was to open in the summer of 86, but preview audiences thought the ending was a downer so the cast was called back to shoot an upbeat and shorter ending. Most of the film's 25 Million dollar budget was spent on the original ending's special effects - yet David Geffen hasn't allowed the public to view this ending.

The 1st DVD had part of the original ending - in black and white - but that disc was recalled right after it was released and went for big bucks on ebay

On blu-ray a short film like "Little Shop" could easily give the viewer the option of watching the original or theatrical ending - so WB what are you waiting for 2012?

WB just announced "Three Amigos" not as popular but also turning 25, so "Little Shop" seems like an obvious release - perfect timing

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I still have that original DVD with the work print of the original ending. Geffen implied that he had the complete footage in color, and was upset that the poor-quality black & white footage was released without his knowledge. I think it's time to see the color footage, even if the effects are not complete.

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Definitely put me down for a copy on Blu-ray. The music could sound killer in DTS-MA, hopefully it will be carefully re-mastered when LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS finally comes to Blu-ray (which I hope will be soon).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
If they do indeed have the complete color alternate ending, they could put it on the blu-ray with a branching option. When you start the movie it could ask you "If you want to see Seymour and Audrey die, Click here!" or something to that effect :D

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Can a moderation merge the two threads: See this thread: 3752280 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/305942/little-shop-of-horrors-musical-blu-ray-any-hopes-for-the-full-color-alternate-ending#post_3752280

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks