What's new

Little League World Series (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone watching the LLWS play-in games?

I find these games to be very entertaining. The game on Wedneday between (Louisville) Kentucky and (Ft. Worth) Texas was a classic, going 11 innings before it was decided by a 2-1 score. The KY pitcher (Aaron Alvey) went 9 no-hit innings before he was pulled by the mandatory rule of little league baseball, the TX pitcher (Walter Kelly, a southpaw) threw at least 6 innings of no-hit ball as well (first time both starting pitchers would no-hit the opposing team for 6 innings).

Last night, a dramatic 3-run walk-off homer pushed the (Worcester) Massachusetts team over the (Harlen) New York team for a 5-2 win which pushes them into the US championship game.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I have watched several and I am constantly amazed at the skill level of those 11 and 12 yr olds. Especially the pitchers. Sure there are numerous passed balls, but for the most part they always throw hard strikes and they can pick the corners of the plate really well.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Woohoo! Go Worcester!
It's amazing how big some of the kids are! A 12 year old that is 5'8" and weighs 150lbs? Holy crap, he could beat me up!
The pitchers with a decent fastball and good breaking pitches at that age are just amazing to watch. I hit against a few future professional athletes in my little league days... damn, those boys could pitch... 70mph from 40ft away when you're 11 is just scary!
I do find it quite entertaining. I've watched bits and pieces of it on TV since I was a little league player myself! :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In Babe Ruth league, I did get to hit off this guy who threw in the mid-80's and that was scary, but I did get a seeing-eye single in between the 1st and 2nd basemen off this guy throwing heat.
The only stat I remember in my Little League days is that I hit 0.642 my last year in LL (18 for 28), plus 6 inside the park homers, and only struck out twice. :D

KyleS

Screenwriter
Yeah these guys really are amazing to watch because it brings back good memories.
I was fortunate in High School (a little older then these guys) to face good pitchers all the time. Heck when I was playing in the state all star series the slowest guys were pitching in the upper 80's with the best pitchers pushing 100mph. Really scary sight when one of those pitches is coming at ya ;)
KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks