What's new

Lithium batteries in wireless mouse: drained in two days?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I got a Logitech wireless optical mouse (Cordless Click! Plus to be exact) as a gift three weeks ago. I took some regular alkaline AA batteries and installed them. Used the mouse for two weeks and no problem

Just the other day I got some lithium batteries on a great deal. Because of their lighter weight I put two in the cordless mouse thinking they'll also last an extremely long time.

However the system just notified me the batteries were at critical level and need to be replaced! I've used lithium batteries before in cameras and GPSr units and love their weight advantage, long life and negligable power loss in cold temps. However I'm completely baffled by a mouse draining lithium batteries in two days.

Can any cordless mouse users offer some advice?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Try charging the lithum batteries to full before using them. ;)

Virtually all lithium batteries are sold with a mere 40% charge, which happens to be the optimal charge for long-term storage (long-term storage at 100% charge is bad for most rechargeable batteries).

There is a website that explains all of this, but hell if I can find it. :frowning:

Google is almost useless now with all these websites producing hits for arbitrary search terms. :angry:

In general you need to charge your new lithium batteries at least 8 hours before using them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks