What's new

Lite-On help (1 Viewer)

Kevin Kopish

Auditioning
I have a few basic questions about the LVD-2001. How do I zoom with this player? Also, do I need to do anything to get the PAL to NTSC conversion to work? I know how to make it region free, but I don't have any PAL DVDs to try out. Thanks for you help

K

Jay Blair

Second Unit
Actually, the PAL to NTSC conversion is automatic. The p-scan button is only needed to cycle through the various output video signal modes, 480i, 480p, 720P, 1080i, etc.; it also allows you to use PAL (576i--or something like that) without converting to NTSC if your system is PAL capable.

Note: the zoom button is underneath the bottom cover that slides down, along with number buttons and the slow button.

The owners manual is not very helpful. It looks professionsal and touches on the basics, but not much else. It's also a thick manual, but that's only because it is written in 5 languages. It also does not tell you how to get into the secret menu.

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Unfortunately, it also doesn't tell you that pressing review, forward, previous or next will kick the player out of Zoom and you'll have to press the button again.

I've "JP1ed" the LiteOn to my One-For-All Universal remote so no more - SLIDING DOOR OF DEATH. ;-)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
How did you get the One for All to take the commands for the Liteon. I didn't find a remote code and mine wouldn't learn the commands from the Liteon's remote.

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Jeff Peterson, I had to use what is called a JP-1 cable to connect my URC-9910 to my computer. Then, using software downloaded from the internet, set a custom device that includes all the buttons. Because of the limited amount of keys on the One-For-All, I had to learn 4 I wanted too. I even set the device code to 2001 which shows up on my remote's LCD - this can easily be done with the software too. NOTE: I should have checked the JP-1 Yahoo Group first though because someone had already created a custom device file for the LVD-2001. That would have saved me some time: I could have downloaded the simple text file; loaded into the software; changed it to my remote; connected my remote to the computer and uploaded it to the remote; done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks