What's new

List of discs with DD and THX trailers? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what DVD's have the various Dolby Digital and THX trailers on them. I know Toy Story and Toy Story 2 have the THX Tex 1 and 2 trailers, Punch-Drunk Love has the Dolby EX Waterfall trailer (which is AWESOME), Terminator 2 has the THX T2 trailer, and of course SW:AOTC has the THX Lightning trailer.

Do any discs have the Dolby Aurora, Canyon, City, Egypt, Rain or Train trailers? And what discs have the THX Cimarron, Grand, Jungle, and Tex EX trailers?

Brad M

Second Unit
Don't forget that T2: UE also has a DD trailer. Monster's Inc. has the cow in a can version.

What's the waterfall like?

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Oh yeah... T2 has the Aurora one I think.

The Waterfall trailer must be a new one for DD-EX, because Punch-Drunk Love is the only disc I've seen it on. It starts with loud water drops going from center surround to right surround to left surround to center, then has various swishes and water sounds around the room and ends with the Dolby Digital EX logo. It's probably my favorite of the Dolby trailers so far.

DustinDT

Agent
The waterfall is my favorite too. I dont know why they don't use it at the theater more often.
I've got it on a Dolby Digital sampler DVD that according to DVD profiler has been around since 2000.

I love DVD's that have intro's like that, it kinda gets you pumped up for the movie IMO.
D.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The Abyss has just the tail end of the "Rain" trailer.

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
how about the Simpsons THX trailer? Is that on any LD or DVD? Only saw it once in the theater before some horror movie, can't remember which one...it was hilarious!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The Moo Can trailer for TS2 in the Ultimate Toy Box is different than the one in Monsters Inc. The TS2 one contains heavy LFE when Tex lands after he flies. In Monsters Inc, there's no bass when he lands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks