What's new

LG's BH100- Quick Review / Comparison (1 Viewer)

shingdaz

Grip
Real Name
Peter
Just purchased the new LG Dual Super Multi blue player-

I have to say that I love the simple design of this unit...it's compact and fits nicly with my furniture without taking up too much space. I have gone through / tested 3 different DVD players 1 of which was a HD DVD player...

My set-up consists of an HP 32" LCD display with dual HDMI inputs @ 720p native resolution.

My first DVD player (Old Panasonic model) running through this TV lacked the dynamic impact I would expect from an LCD, since it was only through S-video I cannot clearly say it lacked the visual dynamics that my displacy is capable of, but did have poor results when playing through component.

My second SD DVD player I tested with my LCD is a SAMSUNG DUAL DVD VHS player...I enjoyed the color contrast this player put out through component @ 480p / 720p...but didn't really perform upconverting a SD DVD signal to 1080i...there was too much interlacing artifacts that coluded too much motion blur or phantom ghosting on fast movments...it even seemed that I could see the flicker of the frames as objects moved through the screen...this was most noticable when playing star-wars-jedi...at the begining scene where the star destroyer pans down from the top of the TV...it looked like there was too much motion around the edges of the ship as it moved across the screen...this totally ruined the contrast and sharpness characteristics of this player through component or HDMI @ 480p and 720p. Overall this player does a normal job of playing SD DVD's via HDMI or component...but isn't well matched with my LCD TV in terms of consistent dynamic performance.

My third player was a Toshiba HD-D1 HD DVD Player...I bought it for a low price of $350...and for a low priced HD player this unit has some substance to it in terms of visual playback...it played back HD DVD beyond what any standard DVD could mimic...the movie I tested was Superman II Directors cut......I played it back @ 720p via HDMI...everything seemed perfect in terms of clarity sharpness and controlled dynamics...but noticed one problem during one scene...>a news-paper is opened up by "louis lane"...and I noticed jaggies on some small print headlines on it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks