Lexicon RT-10 DVD-Audio/SACD Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Duffield, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Mark Duffield

Mark Duffield Auditioning

News ahead of CES. Lexicon's first source component, plays DVD-Audio and SACD and only $3,500. [​IMG]
    http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...umber=11742036
    Also news on that page about their long awaited MC-8 processor, replacement for the MC-1 and DC-2 (about time).

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Mark- Thanks for the info!
    Pure Cinema: another player based on the Pioneer 47a/ai?
    I wish there was more info on the MC-8... [​IMG]

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mark, thanks for the heads up. I wonder how much originality Lexicon will put into this universal player, seeing as it will be their first front-end component. Hopefully a lot given the $3500 price tag.

4. Michael Marklund

Michael Marklund Stunt Coordinator

Kevin,

From the above link: scroll down the dvd info til you get to the highlighted blue "lexicon support forum". This takes you to SMR forum. Enter the site, go to Forum 3 (Lexicon). Click on the thread for the MC-8. Stuart from Lexicon posted specs, features, and photos. Very, very cool. No price until after CES, but supposed to be around the MC-1.

Regards,
    Michael

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Michael- Coolness!

6. Michael Marklund

Michael Marklund Stunt Coordinator

Kevin,

Way cool, huh? MC-8 could be the way I go. Just bought Denon dvd-3800 3 days ago. Am going to add new (B&K) amps next few months then a new pre/pro (dumping my 3802 receiver). This new Lex looks like the cat's meow to me. Logic7, balanced connectors, Lex's killer tweakability,etc.
    And it'll be a lot closer to my budget than the MC-12.

Can't wait for more updates from CES,
    Michael

7. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I'm poor though! [​IMG] I believe the fully loaded versions of the DC-2 and MC-1 were close to $6k list, but you can find them now (used) for around $2k. $2k is in my ballpark, so I may have to wait a little while.
    Man, at least I can imagine what it *should* have: DPL II, THX EX, DTS-ES discrete, 5.1 analog passthrough, all with Logic 7. http://forums.smr-forums.com:8080/read?8652,5