What's new

Leisure Suit Larry-Magna cum Laude (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else played this one yet? If you're interested, no it's not even close to the Larry of old, but it's not a complete write off either. There's some really funny dialogue etc in here, and the designers are obviously fans of the series, given that there are so many references to the previous six games.

I've noticed some technocal glitches with the PC version though (particularly with sound), but the PC version is also the easiest one to uncensor. Why is it that you can release a game like GTA with an M rating, but one that shows a little nudity has to be censored to avoid AO? Is sex really that dangerous?

Actually, I think I might have to go back and play through Larry 1-7 again after this-just have to remember, "put THE bottle in THE bag"...

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Don't even bother with console versions. You'll be at loading screens longer than you will actually play.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

I dunno-these are pretty bad on the PC as well-you're saying that the consoles are worse? I'm glad they kept the system requirements down and stuff, but the load times are a little crazy. The ones before the games I can take, but walking from point A to point B is way too time consuming.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Gamespot review said the PC load times were better, but maybe not.

I can't imagine what they have to load that takes so long. I wonder if they're artificial so you have the "pleasure" of looking at the loading screens longer :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks