What's new

Legend of Zu (1 Viewer)

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I finally got this DVD tonight, and I thought that the movie was pretty good.

And the DVD was of surprisingly good quality.

One problem that I had with the DVD though, was there were parts where the subtitles disapeared. Did anyone else have this happen?

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
That was a mistake made by the manufacturers. Everyone's disc has it, and there's no way it will ever be corrected, considering that the film bombed in HK. Any US disc will hopefully be fixed, although if Miramax decides to dub it and add a rap soundtrack, it won't matter...:D

Phu Vo

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,

My disc is like that too. I thought something was wrong especially since this subtitle problem happens right in the beginning. Hopefully the US release will fix that as well as fix some of the horrible translation, that is of course, if the US DVD isn't butchered and released as a dub only.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I had been thinking before I got the disk that I wouldn't have to worry about buying the Di$ney version, but it looks as though I will have to now.

Of course, the rap soundtrack, and dub, with 30 minutes of the film cut from it, along with the re-titling, will probably make me NOT BUY IT.

On a side note, I don't see how this movie is going to make any money here in the US. I thought that it was enjoyable, but FAR from something the mainstream would accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks