What's new

Leave it to Beaver Season 1 (Universal Strikes Again) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like both periods equally, but severally people here at the HTF have expressed a wish that Universal would release the sets in reverse order. So, you're not alone.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe

That's right.

The series, without mentioning it, played around with Wally and the Beaver's status in school the last season.

In Season Five, Beaver was in sixth grade and Wally was a senior in high school (he started high school the second season.)

All of a sudden, in Season Six, Beaver's in eighth grade (don't tell me he skipped a grade!) and Wally's STILL a senior in high school (and don't tell me he flunked!)

They held Wally back, of course, so that he wouldn't go off to college and not be in the show.

If there had been a seventh season, I don't know what they would have done. But there wasn't.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Although, you were actually praising your player I still feel the need to rant on that statement...

[rant]Blasphemy. Even if it was free, from personal experience, I hardly believe that any player manufactered by Pioneer could be considered a P.O.S.

As a matter of fact all of my future players will most likely be Pioneer.[/rant]

I feel better now. LOL

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

There's some interesting "playing around" with the school grades of Beaver during Season 2 as well.

The first S.2 show -- "Beaver's Poem" -- features several (very smoothly done) edits that were integrated into the episode. Each edit (or "dub") revolves around the school "grade" that Beaver was supposed to be in at the time. The original filmed dialogue has the words "second grade" spoken by various cast members throughout the episode. But, on each of these occasions, the words "third grade" have been seamlessly dubbed into the script by the actors at a later date.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David: How DO you know the things you do?! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Ya know, this new round of comments should probably go in the "other" LITB thread.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,

One small glitch on mine: At the very end of "Cleaning up Beaver" when Beaver is talking to Larry, sometimes the disk will freeze at the part where Larry says he gets lonley by himself to the part where Beaver decides to comb his hair as part of the deal he made with Wally. (Just before the end credits.) I wiped it off with a clean lint-free cloth (center to edge) and sometimes that same spot every time will play ok sometimes not. Not sure of returning it for fear of other disks from Universal having similar problems. (This is a common problem with Universal and double-sided disks.) But if I get another freeze up, it might have to go back. We shall see. Always take a dry lint-free cloth and clean the disks first. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of smudge to get on them, and they can skip. I also noticed on the disk very very faint scuff marks inside of the coating, but there is one part where there looks like there might be a little centimeter of gunk that I can't get off with the cloth.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks