What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Law and Order: SVU & Criminal Intent get full season releases !!! (1 Viewer)

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
From DVDFile

Just announced from Universal are Law & Order: Criminal Intent - The First Year and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - The First Year. Each is a six-disc set featuring 4:3 full screen only transfers plus English Dolby 2.0 surround and French and Spanish 2.0 stereo tracks, English, French and Spanish subtitles and no extras. Retail is $99.95 each.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! Well, not quite as sweet as L&O: The Second Year, since I've seen all of these, but it's good to see that Universal is on the path that leads to me requiring a shelving unit for the express purpose of holding Law & Order.

:)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
TVShowsonDVD has posted an SRP of $59.98 on each. I think that's more likely, because Universal is reducing L&O:S1's SRP to that next month.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have watched all 3 law & order shows and call me crazy but i think Criminal Intent is the best of them. I look forward to this release.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor

I hope that pricing is right as $99.95 is ridiculous!!!

Actually i'll much prefer LAW AND ORDER: SEASON 2 box set!! I'll definitely get that one. I'm sure that's the season Ceretta (Paul Sorvino) is on the show?!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So much for Universal not going ahead with new TV until after the sale. :rolleyes:How about they get to those announced 7 before adding new ones?

Britton

Screenwriter
Actually i'll much prefer LAW AND ORDER: SEASON 2 box set!! I'll definitely get that one. I'm sure that's the season Ceretta (Paul Sorvino) is on the show?!
That is correct. Paul Sorvino played Phil Ceretta from the first episode of the 2nd season to the 9th episode of the 3rd season (his final appearance was as a guest star since in that 9th episode since Jerry Orbach replaced him in the opening credits).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Being a very lazy bum last night, I simply copied-and-paste the information straight into the news article, without writing much in the way of copy. So the $59.98 price is dead-on. In fact, the MAP is $45.95, if anyone cares about that.

I have no idea where anyone would have gotten the other price from that is mentioned. It isn't in Universal's information system, OR at their consumer DVD site (which lists these, by-the-way).

As far was the seven series that are still MIA are concerned: yeah, I think someone at Universal realized that they have to maintain a reputation among consumers as putting out worthwhile products in order to enhance their sale-ability as a company. Or else Vivendi would be stuck with them (and them with Vivendi) right until the bitter end! :)

I notice that this hasn't changed too much yet where Sliders, Quantum Leap, Emergency, Rockford Files, Magnum PI, Earth: Final Conflict, and Dragnet are concerned. At least we're getting Galactica, thanks to sucky remakes.

Hopefully the other seven arrive soon in season sets, along with The Hulk.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
I am very excited about these. Now if we can get L&O seasons 2, 3 etc. at a quicker pace that would be great. Also this is great in combination with the announcement of Homicide:Season 3 (also found on tvshowsondvd.com).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, that's the point. They're bringing out new product rather than continuing released product or bringing out announced titles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks