What's new

Laserdisc Player Manuals ???????? (1 Viewer)

Ralph Bru

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know where to get these ? The Laserdisc Archive site doesn't anwswer emails for requests. Maybe they dont offer them anymore. Can anyone help ? I'm looking for the CLD-D505 & Mitsubishi M-V7057 (or CLD-D704 as its the same player) Thanks.

IraSWeiss

Stunt Coordinator
I contacted Pioneer directly (see their Web site) for a manual for my player and they sent it to me for $18.58.

Ralph Bru

Stunt Coordinator
they charged you ? thats amazing to me. thats bad business to charge the customer for a manual.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Ralph, I have a 704 and a manual. If there is something you need that is not overly voluminous, I could scan several pages into Adobe and E-Mail them.

TimG

Second Unit
It takes a long time to get a manual emailed from the laserdisc archive site. It took about a month to get a reply when he sent me one for my Pioneer 504. I think he stays pretty busy.

TimG

Ralph Bru

Stunt Coordinator
user stuff for the 704 would be cool. you know , how to use certain buttons and what they do. like the v-dnr...etc

thanks. too bad this stuff isnt online somewhere.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I agree it'd be nice if Pioneer had the PDFs of the manuals so you could print them yourself... but charging for a manual of a ~10 years old product seems pretty reasonable. The player was already sold with the manual, after all...

The V-DNR is easy enough to use. Cycle through until you get to the variable one and use the jog shuttle (enable it by pressing the button to the side (it'll light up) to control the chroma (color) and luma (b/w) noise reduction until it looks best.

Other than that it has the specs in the manual, which you can lookup online anyway. There really isn't anything I would consider useful in the manuals.

I used to own both a 505 and 704 and could answer most any questions about them. I don't have the manuals, at this point -- I own a 97 now.

IraSWeiss

Stunt Coordinator
They have some recent products up there in pdf format but not all of them. That's why I had to order my manual for a model that's only been out of production for a year or so. They should get someone busy with a scanner!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
If you use the composite, the V-NR is bypassed I believe. It only works on the svideo Out.

Ralph Bru

Stunt Coordinator
good..... i dont see what the oh ah is about it anyway. i thnk it looks best off. makes the SW thx faces look more filtered than they already are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks