What's new

Laggy DVD playback for 4.1 (1 Viewer)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Right now I'm using an old Intervideo windvd 1.3.1a for DVD playback. It lags during high volume and high detail scenes, and there's severe lag whenever the THX logo plays for star wars.

I have a pentium3 840mhz with a geforce DDR
256megs of pc133 ram
Asus P3V4X mobo
Hercules GTXP 6.1 latest drivers
Which I think should be adequate for DVD playback.

My pioneer 106S dvd player is set to slave on the same IDE as my hard drive, could this be a problem?

I would like to upgrade WinDVD but havn't found an upgrade site that doesn't charge money. I have the serial cause it came with my graphics card.

I also have PowerDVD V3.0 which came with my sound card. This program is lagless and would be perfect if it had support for 4.1 audio. PowerDVD has 4 speaker support and the subwoofer channel doesn't play any of the low notes like the windvd does. Is there a free upgrade for this one that will allow the use of 4.1 audio?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Is DMA enabled for the DVD drive? Also, do you have another hard drive or CD-ROM on the same IDE cable as the DVD drive?

Also, what OS are you using? Windows XP? Windows 98? You may need to upgrade your video card and sound card drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks