What's new

Kung Fu is done...Now where's Kung Fu:The Legend Continues... (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I loved this show, although I was younger and wonder if it still holds up now. It did have a pretty good run though.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Kung Fu is not finished, actually. There's still the matter of the season one aspect ratio snafu. But I don't expect WB to fix this anytime soon.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The grandson of Kwai Chang Caine walks out of the past.

"But I want to fight."
"Yes...so did your great grandfather, when he was your age."

Damn, I loved that show. It was also fun identifying all of the Toronto landmarks. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I remember their being some question that Caine was the same Caine from the original show...not his grandson.

Jeff(R)

Second Unit
I did not buy any of the season sets due to that snafu. Had the first season been issued in the correct aspect ratio, I would have bought all of them.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

I was very much tempted to boycott the entire release myself, then went ahead and purchased season 2, which is fantastic in terms of transfer quality. It's easily the most vivid and blemish free color set within my classic tv collection. It's odd to have season 2 and not season 1, (the only series in my collection that's like this) but I can't bear to purchase it--I'd be gritting my teeth when viewing the segments due to the sheer idiocy of the 16:9 format decision. I did not purchase season 3. The series, IMO became a bit too metaphysical for its own good--less like the western it was in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks