What's new

Kudos to HBO for season box sets (1 Viewer)

Not sure if this is appropriate, but here it goes. I do not subscribe to HBO (nor any other premium movie channels for that matter). I had heard about several fantastic HBO original series through various message boards and what not, so I decided to get the first season box set of Sex and the City figuring it was a series that both me and the wife could enjoy.

We ended up loving the series and purchased the second season box set as soon as we could find it in stock at a store. I believe we ended going through the second season in less that a week.

We also had the same experience with the Sopranos set.

I just wanted to say thanks to HBO for releasing these as we wouldn't have been able to experience them otherwise.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I don't subscribe to HBO either and have no interest in either the Sopranos or Sex In The City. However, I can not wait until Band of Brothers comes out. That will be a purchase as soon as I hear a release date.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
My current subscription to HBO has a lot to do with how impressed I was by their DVD productions. I now see Sex and the City as it is broadcast and still buy the DVDs. Just bring on Six Feet Under please. Some of the older series would be welcome too!

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Yes, thanks HBO. I just got back from the mailbox with my Larry Sanders Season 1!! I can't wait until I can watch it tonight.
Hopefully, this set will sell so well, you'll get Dream On sets into production ASAP.
Chris

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
DIDO on Band of Brothers. I saw the whole season in High Def, DD 6.1 sound. There where many shows where the audio compared to some of our top dvd mixes..... Video was jawdropping in 1080i as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks