What's new

Krofft Marathon on TV Land tonight! (1 Viewer)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up that TV Land will be doing a marathon of Sid & Marty Krofft shows from 8pm-Midnight tonight, 2/17.

Here's the schedule:

8:00pm #1 Sigmund & The Seamonsters/'The Monster Who Came To Dinner'
8:30pm #4 Electra Woman And Dyna Girl/'Return Of The Sorcerer'
9:00pm #1 Lidsville/'World In A Hat'
9:30pm #1 The Bugaloos/'Firefly Light My Fire'
10:00pm #1 HR Puffnstuff/'The Magic Path'
10:30pm #2 Land Of The Lost/'Dopey'
11:00pm The World Of Sid & Marty Kroft (At The Hollywood Bowl Special)

Anyone who grew up with these shows should have a ball. For those who have never seen them before, you're in for a trippy treat. These shows warped the minds of an entire generation.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I watched Elecktra Woman and Dyna Girl. Love the outfits and car not to mention the theme song.
To think Deidre Hall is playing a serial killer now on Days of Our Lives.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
After working on Krofft shows, I'm surprised that we haven't seen more actors turn to a life of crime. I think Johnny Whittaker became a Mormon missionary. Not that it's a crime. Just interesting.

Boy, those shows brought back memories. I was surprised at how good the video masters on those shows have held up. I'd love for TV Land to have a retro Saturday Morning lineup with shows like that.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I caught a little of Electra Woman. Funny--I don't remember that show. Land of the Lost took me back, though; hope to see more of that one!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have to check tvland.com in the hopes that it will be rerun, i forgot it was on last night.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I have a coworker that has a 3 year old daughter and he turned the shows on for her to watch and she loved them.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
The Electra Woman and Dyna Girl theme deserves to be redone, It is a good theme. What a weird show that was, so completely 70s in that funky Brit/Max style. It was part of the Sid and Marty Krofft Power Hour where they ran 2 half-hour shows of various sorts. Elektra Woman and Dyna Girl was one of the better ones because it didn't pretend to be anything other than ridiculous. The Power Puff Girls villains are right out of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps we should start a mail-in campaign to get TV Land to run a block of the shows every Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks