What's new

KP-46WT500 convergence help needed desparately (1 Viewer)

Livingdog

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Recently I had a slew of power outages in my neighborhood. Afterwards, when I turned on my TV, the convergence is now way off. My TV delivered a beautiful picture before the outages. I purchased a service manual, but I'm a newbie and don't want to make a changes without getting advice. Is there a way of bringing my set back to factory settings? Do I have to manually set this? Man I'm bummed, the HD on this thing and football season here now with a horrible picture. Please oh please can someone help me???

Livingdog

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
There must have been a power surge that messed things up. Do you have a friend who knows about calibration and who can help you? Otherwise I am going to have to recommend a professional calibrationist.

But before that, try unplugging the set for a few hours.

Be careful regarding factory settings since at least for some models there exists "factory settings before factory calibration" and "factory settings after factory calibration". If you don't know which is which, selecting "factory settings" in a menu can mess it all up even more.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Livingdog

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Allan. I'll unplug it overnight and see how it goes.
Unfortunately, no friends in the calibration game, so I guess I'm on my own until I can pony up the bucks to "for hire" the job. Any idea where I can find someone in the Baton Rouge, LA area?

Tx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks