What's new

KOTOR Can we hear our own character's voice? After selecting response? (1 Viewer)

millercv

Second Unit
Sure you can - just read the lines aloud :)

I think that is why they didn't do it since it is supposed to be you after all.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Since it is you and you (hopefully) read the responses in your own head voice before clicking on it, having the actual voice over just wastes time. Plus, whether you are male or female, high pitched or deep voiced, the voice you hear in your head is always more comfortable than one that Bioware would pick. So it helps you feel immersed in the dialogue. They know what they are doing...

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Actually, you can hear the voice of your character, for just a quick line.

When you're playing the game, real time, just keep hitting the little black button, the one that cycles through the 3 characters, and you'll notice that each of them say something when selected. So does yours...er, you.

It's the only time I've heard my character speak. Something like, "I'm ready".

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Besides, when you put in your name as Lando M.F. Jackson, it's really really hard for your character to say 'Hi, my name is....'

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I like not hearing the voices. When the NPCs speak, I read the subtitles at the same time, but if Bassmasa Organa spoke every line, then I would have to read the line, then listen to him speak it...seems kind of redundant to me. The spoken parts can get pretty longwinded at times, this would even make it more so and break up the flow of the game.

And, there's a pretty good chance that most of us would be unhappy with the voice. If you're a sneaky little scoundrel, then a soldier's deep voice probably wouldn't be very fitting and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks