What's new

Knot's Landing...under consideration, but no date yet (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
...alright. In last nights Chat with the WB it was mentioned that:

"KNOTS LANDING was being discussed for DVD Release."

SO...let's show some interest in this and show the folks at the WB just how many of us would be in the long haul to get all 14 years of this series out on DVD.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Like I have said before. Knots Landing is the only show my wife wants on dvd.

Real Name
Seth Thrasher
Dallas was announced near the beginning of the year, to be released in/around August 2004. (Give or take a month or so)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I hate soap operas, but Knot's Landing is the one soap I actually watched and would buy. Great acting, realistic storylines, and direction that didn't end with frozen close-ups of faces everytime you cut to commercials.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
That would be cool. To have Dallas be the first show ever to be released as a soap opera.. any hope for season sets of General Hospital? 30+ years

Linetta

Auditioning
I am a huge fan of Knot's Landing, I have most of the episodes on vhs but the tapes are wearing thin from repeatedly watching them. I hope they put them on dvd and soon. How can I show my interest to whomever I need to show my interest to?

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Although Knots Landing was my favorite of the primetime soaps, it really didn't start to come into its own until the 3rd season, after the death of Sid Fairgate
and the beginning of more intricate, season-long arcs. Before then, you have a bunch of stand-alone episodes and too many Dallas crossovers.

The introduction of Donna Mills to the cast at the beginning of Season 2 certainly helped the show. But, even then, she wasn't the wonderfully scheming, manipulative b*tch she would become until much later.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Well, I don't think that either KNOTS or Dallas really came into their own until the third seasons.

Until that magic third season for both series, they had wrapped storylines up all in one episode while they are introducing the public to new chacaters. With the introduction of Abby and Sid's death
the motions were in place to start developing the storylines into chapters and into a more realistic tone.

Keep in mind that with all the DALLAS crossovers, they were needed to connect the two families together. After a significant chacater's 'death' any and all ties to the Southfork family were droppped and from there KNOTS lived in it's own universe. One of the best decisions that the producers made IMO during the series run.

Personally, as much as what I love camp, DALLAS did not have an attraction to me and personally I found most of the people revolting. There is such a thing as prime time drama yes...prime time over acting though is another thing.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Now since we have have official word on DALLAS...here is to hoping that KNOTS can't be too far behind...afterall, it was actually created first...

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

I keep seeing where people mention these kind of chats, where exactly are the chats and how do you know when they are going to take place?

As far as Knots Landing goes, just like Dallas I missed it the first time around because of working evenings and I would love to be able to see it on dvd as long as the price wasn't outrageous.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Much like Melrose Place, the show didnt start getting Really addictive until they went to serial form and uped the soap level.
I love this show.
Anyone remember that after Bobby died on Dallas and it turned out to be a dream that K.L was left with the mess that they undid?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
But Knot's rightfully severed their ties with the show and it basically became it's own world. Gary was simply a outcast Ewing then.

I honestly think that the writers only mentioned Dallas when they really, really had to. Like when it first began and JR or Lucy would show up. But if you really start to things about, really even after Lucy's one appearance on the show, she really was never mentioned.

And Peggy...that chat with WB was about two months ago. You usually find out about these chats several weeks in advance and normally they are on the first page of the site or on the in the DVD movie thread it is usually mentioned there.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I know that it is against the DVD enthusiast's code or something, but with shows like this one and Dynasty, I really wish they would start the release when the show was at its peak and not at the very beginning. That way, if the buyers don't go for it, at least you would have the show at its best on DVD, instead of a substandard first season.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Amy, I know what you are saying, but the problem with that is...just when did a show its peak is up to personal preference.

But I TOTALLY understand what you are saying. And in a case like this, the whole thing is...don't just get the first two or three seasons out and piss people off that they won't get the entire series run if the first ones don't do well after the dedicated fans have made their purchase.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My wife asked if anything new has been mentioned? So here I am asking for her. So??

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Just wanted to move this back up there...

...with the reunion show in the works, it seems that Warner would be jumping on this programming. In light of how well DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE'S is doing, at least to cash in on Nicholette.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Cool!!
Although I really doubt that we'll see every season of Dallas & Knots on DVD, just because it seems to take them one year to release each season, by the time they'd be done, we would all be in wheelchairs!!
C'mon WB, speed up the process!!!
:D

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela

I doubt that would ever happen, you know how many DVDs that would be? LOTS. Even if they released the show in volumes, it still would take forever to get 30+ years released, even if they released a volume every month. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

They did a reunion show and according to my wife there are no plans for another. Unless, this is very new info. Do you know anything more?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks