What's new

Klipsch Synergy Series Quintet III with Onkyo Onkyo TX-SR703 any good? (1 Viewer)

elmer

Grip
Hi guys I have an Onkyo TX-SR703 receiver and I would like to know if the Klipsch Synergy Series Quintet III will be good for this receiver?

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
you could get better for your money. It is around $400 for just the speakers with no sub. unless you have a sub already you might look at some other options like the Definitive technoligies pro cinema 60 package with sub for about $700

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
So you already have a sub, correct?

If so you might want to check out the Insignia NS-B2111's at Best Buy. It is their in house brand, but it is made by another company that sells a very familiar looking speaker for $200 a pair. They are made by the company Radiient, 2 i's, for Best Buy. They can be had on www.bestbuy.com for $40 a pair and $50 in the store. Probably the best sub $100 speakers I have heard. I additioned them at my place and they do not sound like a $50 dollar pair of speakers they sound more like a $200 pair. They have very good stereo imaging considering the price, and if you listen to music you will notice these speakers have a very significant advantage. If you buy 3 pair that can get you 7.1, you will need a center channel as the design and lack of magnetic sheilding doesn't permit the Insignia to serve as a good center. I personally own a DCM center channel designed by MTX that I think works just fine. Paradigm Also makes good center channel speakers, better than DCM actually. So for about $250-300 you could have a set-up that will rival the Quintet III and possible exceed your expections

Seth=L

elmer

Grip
No, I don't have a sub yet, but you said that Quintet III are kind of expensive so I thought about buying a sub and other set of speakers.

The problem that I have is due that I don't live in USA so here in Central America we don't have that many options as you have in the states, the only brands we have here are Onkyo, Marantz, JBL, Klipsch, Yamaha so we don't have that many options as you have.

So from the brands I've mentioned before which one do you think will be better for me?

elmer

Grip
Yes we can do that but the fees and shipping costs are so high, that's why is cheaper and safer to buy electronics from local stores than importing them specially heavy stufs :frowning:.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
These are the only speakers you are available to. Well that is a bummer. Looks like you might be stuck with the quintet.

Seth=L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks