Klipsch RB 15

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JasonS, Jan 7, 2004.

1. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

What are your thoughts on these speakers? I may be matching 2 sets with the RC 25 center. I can get the RB15 for about $170 per pair. Is this a good deal? I like the clarity of the sound at the store, but it seems no bookshelfs produce bass in stores.

I can also get deals on JBL, Polk, and Infinity. Will any that have similar retail sound better than the Klipsch? I am replacing the JBL N24's, which I find to be a bit muffled, and I want a bit more midbass.

2. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

I personally think it's *very* important to match your Klipsch speakers across the front soundstage. As you know, Klipsch has a distictive sound. If you ahve the center, finish the mains with Klipsch as well.

$170/pair is a very good price. The Reference manuals all say that any Klipsch Reference can be set as "large", but you'll want a sub to handle the lows anyway.

As your RB-15 price is quite good, see what the RB-25s will run you. If you're going to use them as mains, consider a speaker from the same line (xx-25) as your center.

Best regards froma fellow Klipsch owner.
    ~~Nathan

3. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

Thanks. I was considering going RB 15's due to the size. The RB 25's are about $50 more, so I might just stick with the 15's. I would also get the RC 25 at $160.

4. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

I know how you feel. I actually bought a pair of RS-25s to go with the rest of my xx-35 stuff, as the RS-35s seemed huge! Sometimes, even the small speakers are just too large. [​IMG]

You're getting a good deal on your speakers.

Best regards,
    ~~Nathan