What's new

Klipsch LF-12 subwoofer ??? Really that good? (1 Viewer)

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
>>> One 12" active driver, two 12" passive drivers, FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 16-100Hz±3dB MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 123dB 1/8 space 1 meter WOW!! LOW PASS, 2400W BASH amp

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
It is a very good sub. But I thaught something was wrong with them? (not all, but Klipsch should fix he ones that are)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Haven't had any real experience with them, but I looked this up for you:

From Tom Nousaine's data compiled by TV:

KLIPSCH LF10 - 100.1 / 25hz~90

Here are the LF10 specs from Klipsch's site:

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 16Hz-100Hz±3dB

MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 123dB SPL @ 1/8 space, 1 meter

ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via dual passive radiators

AMPLIFIER: BASH® digital hybrid

AMPLIFIER POWER: 1000 watts maximum continuous (2400 watts peak)
So completely out of my ass extrapolation (as the LF12 has not been tested by TN) would be that the TN LF12 data would look like this:

KLIPSCH LF12 - 104-106 / 25hz~94-96

So bottom line is a SVS 20-39PCi could take it.

Ken Leggatt

Stunt Coordinator
This sub never existed, it never made it to production. Just the LF-10 version of the sub did and was quickly discontinued. It had a lot of problems with air leaks and the performance wasn't as good as the spec's would indicate. Klipsch refurbished the units and cleared them out on Ubid. You could pick an LF-10 for about 450 USD. The sub is good but not that good. If you pick one up and it has problems Klipsch will honor the warranty.

Cam S

Screenwriter
The LF-12's never really went into the retail stores. Klipsch had major problems with air leaks around the amp, passive radiators, and the active driver. Due to this, not a whole lot were sold. It's smaller brother, the LF-10 had the same problems, but seems to be a lot more popular because it made it to retailers. Klipsch STILL offers the warranty on these subs, so if you get one, and you have air leaks, or other problems, you ARE able to get it repaired, but at the cost of shipping.

$1149 seems pretty high for that sub, I'm sure you can find it for cheaper, especially the LF-10.

These subs put out decent bass, but as much as I love Klipsch, you might be better off going with something else, so you won't have the headaches of any of the problems that crippled this line of powered subs.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I had two of the LF-10's in one corner of my room. At the time I thought the sound was great(very musical), big step up from my Klipsch KSW-12. The reason I said at the time was because now I have a single 20-39CS Plus w/Samson S1000. It is just as musical and demolishes the dual Klipsch in output, especially down low.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
OMG! I just thought that this sub was better... Thank you guys I think that you all answered my question very well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks