Klipsch LF-12 subwoofer ??? Really that good?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ClaudeL, Apr 16, 2002.

1. ClaudeL

ClaudeL Stunt Coordinator

>>> One 12" active driver, two 12" passive drivers, FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 16-100Hz±3dB MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 123dB 1/8 space 1 meter WOW!! LOW PASS, 2400W BASH amp

2. ClaudeL

Cmon! 21 views and no replies? [​IMG]

3. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

I dont know anything about it but the specs sound damn good! I just seen it online for $1099

Mike

4. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

It is a very good sub. But I thaught something was wrong with them? (not all, but Klipsch should fix he ones that are)

5. ClaudeL

No one really have ever heard this sub? Damn... [​IMG]

6. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Haven't had any real experience with them, but I looked this up for you:

From Tom Nousaine's data compiled by TV:

KLIPSCH LF10 - 100.1 / 25hz~90

Here are the LF10 specs from Klipsch's site:

7. Ken Leggatt

Ken Leggatt Stunt Coordinator

This sub never existed, it never made it to production. Just the LF-10 version of the sub did and was quickly discontinued. It had a lot of problems with air leaks and the performance wasn't as good as the spec's would indicate. Klipsch refurbished the units and cleared them out on Ubid. You could pick an LF-10 for about 450 USD. The sub is good but not that good. If you pick one up and it has problems Klipsch will honor the warranty.

8. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

The LF-12's never really went into the retail stores. Klipsch had major problems with air leaks around the amp, passive radiators, and the active driver. Due to this, not a whole lot were sold. It's smaller brother, the LF-10 had the same problems, but seems to be a lot more popular because it made it to retailers. Klipsch STILL offers the warranty on these subs, so if you get one, and you have air leaks, or other problems, you ARE able to get it repaired, but at the cost of shipping.

$1149 seems pretty high for that sub, I'm sure you can find it for cheaper, especially the LF-10.

These subs put out decent bass, but as much as I love Klipsch, you might be better off going with something else, so you won't have the headaches of any of the problems that crippled this line of powered subs.

9. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I had two of the LF-10's in one corner of my room. At the time I thought the sound was great(very musical), big step up from my Klipsch KSW-12. The reason I said at the time was because now I have a single 20-39CS Plus w/Samson S1000. It is just as musical and demolishes the dual Klipsch in output, especially down low.

10. ClaudeL

OMG! I just thought that this sub was better... Thank you guys I think that you all answered my question very well [​IMG]