What's new

Klipsch KLF-10 vs. RF-3...which to get... (1 Viewer)

Tyler_C

Auditioning
I'm selling my KSB 3.1s soon and upgrading one of these. I can get them for about the same price off of ebay and ubid...about $600-620 delivered. The specs seem to be about the same, except that the KLF-10s produce deeper bass from what I can tell. I figured that the KLF-10s would be better since they were a more upscale/more expensive model and are bigger, but then again the RF-3s are newer and seem to use higher quality materials so having had no experience with either I'm not sure.
So...any opinions?

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
Having sold both and having listen to them extensively, I must say that the rf3's are a bit smoother and less "edgy". the legends do have a bit more impact though. O.K.,I'LL TAKE A STAND AND SAY RF3S!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
As a proud owner of RF-3's, I will be biased and say the Klipsch. I listened to a lot of speakers before deciding on these and in the long run, I just love the sound of Klipsch and horn tweeters. :)
-Dean-

Dean:
That's the way to avoid controversy! Say you prefer the Klipsch. Now you can say you were on the "winning" team ,whichever speakers he buys!
sdg
------------------

Tyler_C

Auditioning
Thanks a lot Mathew, I'll take that into consideration. Hopefully I can get a few more opinions before I make a decision though...
Dean...I'm in Southwest Ind. I'm living in Terre Haute right now because I'm going to ISU, but I'm from Brazil. Not many people know where that is though, it is pretty small (maybe 8,000 people). It is about 20-25 minutes southwest of TH.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Hi Tyler --
Where in Terre Haute are you purchasing your speakers? I had a friend who lived there.
[Edited last by Samuel Des on August 31, 2001 at 10:03 PM]

Tyler_C

Auditioning
I'm planning on buying them through ebay actually. I don't even know if there is a place in Terre Haute that sells Klipsch, but even if there were ebay is a lot cheaper. I just hope I don't run into any problems with the warranty if something would break though...

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Hi Tyler --
Yeah, that's what I thought. My friend had mentioned that he was really frustrated living there, because he had to drive X miles to Y town to hear Z peice. I'm sorry that you won't have an opportunity to demo! Best of luck!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Does everyone in Indiana own Klipsch?
I vote for the RF-3s too. I've got two sets of them and love them (indy/valpo)

MartyK

Agent
One more for the RF-3. I've had mine now for almost a year. You might also want to audition the RF-5 or -7.
[Edited last by MartyK on September 01, 2001 at 04:07 PM]

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
My friend, who lives just south of Terre Haute, has RF-3's and loves them. He bought them at the Sound Connection in Terre Haute, so you can go there and hear them for yourself! The Sound Connection is in the strip mall by the Olive Garden...
You might want to consider the KLF-20 or 30 if you have the space. They've been selling 'em cheap on UBID. Then you'd get the horn mid driver for some 3-way action...

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I was browsing Onecall's site a few weeks ago and noticed they had some really good prices on the KLF's. I think the 20's were around $350 each and the 30's were maybe $420 each. Something like that......
Aaron

Tyler_C

Auditioning
My friend, who lives just south of Terre Haute, has RF-3's and loves them. He bought them at the Sound Connection in Terre Haute, so you can go there and hear them for yourself! The Sound Connection is in the strip mall by the Olive Garden...
Wow...small world. I just started working at that Olive Garden about a week ago and happened to noticed that place as I was leaving work last night. I was planning on stopping in there sometime since it looked like they had a lot of good stuff through the window. Thanks for reminding me...I was just about to buy the RF-3s from brandnamez.com when I came back to this thread. I'll check them out tomorrow and if they can give me a better deal maybe I'll be able to get them tomorrow instead of waiting on shipping. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks