What's new

KLH vs FLUANT speakers: (1 Viewer)

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
I am trying to compare 2-different manufacture of speakers and I am kind of cerious on which you guys think would be an better buy, better quality and of course better sound.
The two brands that I am looking at are:
KLH and FLUANCE
The KLH model# HTA-1000
http://www.klhaudio.com/prodhomehta1000.htm
The Fluance Model# AV-HTB
http://www.fluance.com/fluanceavhtb.html
Both are in the same price range so I just want to get your opinions or hell even better get the facts :)
Thanks for any imput.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Mike,
I haven't heard the Fluance but I have heard that KLH system. I'll sum up my feelings by saying I was less than impressed. Given the positive reviews of Fluance on this forum (by some members whose opinions I highly respect) I would go that route. The KLH does have a sub but save a few bucks and get the DLS $99 sub from parts express. Yeah...that's what I would do. :)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
No question, I've heard both and my thought mirriors Dans...

Not raining on KLH, but hands down the Fluance is the better speaker package by far.

Fluance package and the DL-10" powered sub from Parts Express, with out a doubt for the dollars, an amazing catch in a entry level set up.

Regards
Geoff

Alan M

Second Unit
well Mike,i own the fluance sx-htb system.the av is a decent sytem,but i think youd b much happier with the sx instead.it is $70 more,but u do get much better components inside the speaker itself(better crossover,better speakers,more rigid box).
I think youll find that the sound quality from fluance far surpasses klh.klh speakers that ive heard,to b honest w/u sound like crap.fluance are beginning,and i do mean beginning audiophile speakers.for clear sound,i recommend fluance for those on a budget.just my opinion.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
those KLH satalites are crap. KLH shines with their towers and other floor standers i have their 10inch powerd sub and its sounds good but then again ive only compared to pricey bose and sony. honestly the towers that best buy used to have from KLH the M365T's they sound quite nicely but anyways yeah those KLH cubes are crap and so is that center chanel and probably that sub to so i'd get the other company ....... i'd link you up with the page for my speakers but best buy took it off their site

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Big room=Big speakers
Little room=Little speakers
Typically if the speaker is less than 3 feet from you you wont mind the KLH, say at your computer. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks