What's new
World Wide Stereo

KISS Technology DP-450 DVD/Divx Player (1 Viewer)

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
Not a single thread in this whole forom on any of the kiss dvd players? I must be blind.....Or they relaly suck and aren't worth the mention....?

Anywya i bought one, $199 updated the firmware for divx 3.11 playback, and really enjoy it, it plays my dvd-0r's with 13 macgyver divx rips each no problem, same with my dvd-r mpeg enterprise dvd's

plays single cd-r divx titles liek a regular cd....

Onyl issue i'm relaly havign is it seems to "crash" alot

say i seak to a new file in any mode, mp3, (kick ass mp3 support, id3 tags and everything) divx, mpeg, whateverm, it tends to lock up, and only way to recover is a power cycle....i do the exact same thing again and it works, so it's not the content.

I cam ehere wodnering if anyone else was experince the problem and had a solution...now i'm left to wonder if anyone else even HAS the player :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I've had some similar problems w/ my Bravo D1, but not as bad as you describe. My problems are mainly in loading a disc. Sometimes it doesn't seem to load properly and skips the entire menu intro and won't go anywhere from there. Opening up and re-closing the tray usually fixes it.

It's kinda buggy otherwise... long load times, long back from pause times, and it's a crap shoot which divx 3 files it'll play (even w/ a firmware update). The PQ and features are great, but it's still a buggy player.

I beleive they're both based on the same chipset. I wonder if it's the shipset, or just poor build quality? I think someone said they both use the same loaders as Apex DVD players... bummer for such promising players :frowning:

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
the divx 3.11 playback is flawless so far, both sbc encoded, fast, and slow content.

Too bad it doens;t do advanced divx 4/5 featurres, like qpel, and it definatly hates b-frames.

but it suports both mp3 and ac3 interleaved audio.

the dang SCART c able is too short though, these projection tv's have too much of a hump and not enough top shelf :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks