What's new

Ken Osmond, Actor Who Played Eddie Haskell On ‘Leave It To Beaver,’ Dies At 76 (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The early seasons of the show have one appeal to me, but the later ones are my favorite for the primary reason that Wally, Eddie and Lumpy are given more time to shine. That trio works every single second they are on the screen. I'll greatly miss Ken Osmond. A solid human being and a fantastic actor to bring the character of "Eddie Haskell" to life.

Gary "I've got to have a marathon of LITB soon" O.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I've always found it odd that people seem to think it's rude or disrespectful to say that someone "died".
Civility is wonderful - we all could use a little more of it , but this recent over-sensitivity toward "words" has become tiresome. I used the word DIED most of my life to describe the fate of grandparents , parents, pets , friends etc. Now it's no longer acceptable . I can't comprehend this thinking .

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Civility is wonderful - we all could use a little more of it , but this recent over-sensitivity toward "words" has become tiresome. I used the word DIED most of my life to describe the fate of grandparents , parents, pets , friends etc. Now it's no longer acceptable . I can't comprehend this thinking .

"He's passed".

Gas? A car? Kidney stones? Passed what?

"We've lost *So and So*"

Well, I sincerely hope you find 'em.

Not a fan of euphemistic language, either.

But that's another subject altogether.

One of the things I find more interesting about Ken Osmond's life is his time as a member of the LAPD. He was an actual cop for, what, a decade or more? I wonder how many drunks had a "Eddie Haskell popped me!" story and no one believed them?

And the shooting story that brought about the end of his days as an active cop is just insane.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saying people "passed" isn't a recent over-sensitivity as my grandparents and other people their age would use that term often back in the day.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Saying people "passed" isn't a recent over-sensitivity as my grandparents and other people their age would use that term often back in the day.
Right - either term is fine , but the word died really isn't disrespectful, in my opinion.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I've always found it odd that people seem to think it's rude or disrespectful to say that someone "died".
Here's where I first learned that some think it's disrespectful. I was surprised to read this and figured I'd weigh in . "Passed Away " is fine , "died" is okay as well . I just think that some people spend way too much time looking for things to be upset over .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks