What's new

Ken Osmond, Actor Who Played Eddie Haskell On ‘Leave It To Beaver,’ Dies At 76 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is terrible. Outside of the family, Eddie was my favorite character on Leave It To Beaver. Yes, he's a troublemaker but he wasn't really a bad guy. Eddie had so many funny moments (thinking Beaver put a voodoo curse on him, Eddie pretending to be Beaver's hypnotic slave, saving Beaver by telling Wally to not wear a suit to a party, falling down a small cliff & having the other kids mess with him and, probably my favorite, helping Wally tie a tow chain to Lumpy's car axle).

A sincere thanks for the laughs that me and my dad shared over your character, Ken.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
As a Ken Osmond tribute, I treated myself to fresh viewings of two LITB episodes from the 2nd season: "Eddie's Girl" (Episode 2; in which the girl wants to date Wally, instead!), and "Beaver And Chuey" (Episode 4; in which Eddie cons the Beaver into insulting his new friend Chuey, in Spanish!).

I really enjoyed seeing these episodes again, and far more so than I even expected! :)

CHEERS! :)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I was sorry to hear this news today.

I was always partial to the later seasons of LITB, where there was more focus on Wally and his friendships with Eddie and Lumpy. One of my favorite episodes comes from the final season - “Bachelor at Large” - in which Eddie gets a place of his own. The experience isn’t what he’d hoped it would be, but he’s too proud to move back home.

Being an 80s kid, I was watching both the original series as well as that decade’s sequel series, The New Leave It To Beaver, which I also really enjoyed. Ken was still great as the adult Eddie, including in a fun episode - “Perfect Candidate” - where he runs against June for a seat on the city council.

RIP, Ken. Thanks for the laughs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was sorry to hear this news today.

I was always partial to the later seasons of LITB, where there was more focus on Wally and his friendships with Eddie and Lumpy. One of my favorite episodes comes from the final season - “Bachelor at Large” - in which Eddie gets a place of his own. The experience isn’t what he’d hoped it would be, but he’s too proud to move back home.

Being an 80s kid, I was watching both the original series as well as that decade’s sequel series, The New Leave It To Beaver, which I also really enjoyed. Ken was still great as the adult Eddie, including in a fun episode - “Perfect Candidate” - where he runs against June for a seat on the city council.

RIP, Ken. Thanks for the laughs.
I remembered that episode, I think I'll try to watch it tomorrow.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Didn’t realize a thread in this forum had been dedicated to the sad news today. A mod can feel free to delete my Ken Osmond RIP thread in the TV on DVD section.

Gary “so depressing to hear about this today” O.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
He created a memorable character . RIP

A very memorable character...especially to this LItB fan. Ken Osmond couldn't have walked that fine line any better of being a bad kid but really just another insecure kid who was always trying to get attention but not knowing how.

While the writers might get most of that credit, none of it would have been so perfect without Osmond in the role.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I previously took these screen caps from the season 6 DVDs and thought I'd post them here...Eddie's Sweater (S6E29, April 11, 1963)...Eddie's girlfriend (Ahna Capri), is knitting a sweater for Eddie's upcoming birthday, and a reluctant Wally has been coerced into being a model for her to finish fitting it, requiring Wally to visit her house in the evenings...Lumpy convinces Eddie that his girl is two-timing him with Wally...rest in peace Ken Osmond...you were a lovable character...

Uncle 58.JPG

Uncle 44.JPG

Uncle 41.JPG

Uncle 39.JPG

Uncle 42.JPG

Uncle 43.JPG

Uncle 45.JPG

Uncle 51.JPG

Uncle 38.JPG

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
RIP Eddie. The funniest Episode I think I ever saw of LITB was the one where Eddie is working at the Pet Store and the owner is giving away a Puppy if you could guess how many fish were in the aquarium. Well Eddie Blabs the answer and the whole town is at the Store with the answer. Eddie is fired on the spot and Ward tells Beaver that he knew Beaver wouldn't want to win a Puppy by Cheating

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks