What's new

JVC RX-F10 review (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
After needing to upgrade my reciever finally, I decided to try out a new digital reciever. I choose this one as its $189 with free shipping from Amazon.com right now. It definately was an upgrade from my sony. It has excellent sound in digital mode for 6.1 sourround from my dvd player. Far better than many recievers I sampled in the $5-600 range. It has fully adjustable levels for each speaker out along with adjustable 5-band eq. Analog input from my tv actually sounds really good in 2channel mode also. Still the same features as in 6.1, just for 2 speakers. It also saves your settings for each output you select (i.e., if you have the bass turned up for dvd, and down for tv it remembers when you switch between them). This was something my sony didn't have and I definatly appreciate it. Now I don't have to recalibrate my reciever everytime I switch sources. Their was a few things I was a little dissapointed with. As far as 2channel sound from a digital source goes, it could have been better. I tried both the digital and analog output from my 5-disc changer in 2channel mode and it just wouldn't sound right. Another thing is that it doesn't have a second set of outputs for the mains so setting up a two room setup is not possible. The only other problem I had was that the remote sensor doesn't pick up the remote unless its pointed dead center at the reciever and less than 10 feet away.

Overall, this is a far better reciever than you can get for around $5-600 from stores like best buy when it comes to 6-channel surround sound, as long as you use a digital input. For someone looking at 2-channel sound being just as important as 6-channel, I may recommend a different reciever. As I bought this for the intent of it being used almost solely for 6-channel digital movie surround, it is definatly worth much more than the $190 its going for.

If anyone has any specific question they'd like answered about this reciever just ask and I will add them to the write up

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
Just figured I'd give everyone a 4 month update. I'm still very pleased with the performance of this unit. Superb output when givin a digital signal, and not too bad with others either. Only complaints so far are the lack of a second zone speaker out, which was easily solved by a cheap radio shack selector, and the remote. While it has a good layout and is easy to use, you almost have to be directly infront of the reciever and at a perfect angle for it to pick it up. With the reciever in the rack at the back of the room, its a pain to get the remote to work when sitting down anywhere except dead center from the reciever. Overall though, I'm very pleased

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks