What's new
World Wide Stereo

JVC HD-ILA 61" calibration (merged) (1 Viewer)

FREQBOX

Auditioning
Real Name
chris drenner
I just bought the JVC HD-ILA 61" from beach camera shipping and tax free for $1479
Then I added the extended warranty for parts labor and bulbs for $249 extra.
It will be here on the 10th of july.
First TV ive bought since i bought my 47" widescreen Panasonic about 4.5yrs ago
Panasonic is still goin strong but i wanted 1080p.

728x90

FREQBOX

Auditioning
Real Name
chris drenner
I wanted to know the best way to calibrate this tv when i get it.
All suggestions would be greatly appreciated

FREQBOX

Auditioning
Real Name
chris drenner
I thought I had already posted this but I dont think I was logged in properly.
I just purchased the JVC HD-61FN97 - HD-ILA 61" from beach camera for $1479 no tax no shipping. I also added the extended warranty that covers parts,labor and bulbs for an extra 3yrs for $249 so for $1728 this will be delivered on July 10th and Im so excited.
Bought my first "HD" widescreen TV about 4.5 years ago it is a Panasonic 47" rear projection and its still going strong but I wanted a much better and bigger set and after seeing my buddies Sony SXRD 60" I pulled the trigger on this a few days ago.

FREQBOX

Auditioning
Real Name
chris drenner
Thanks for the info! I will look into the AVIA and DVE discs for calibration

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
You'll need to calibrate each input you plan to use by moving the DVD player from input to input, and you should calibrate under the same conditions you'll do most of your TV or movie viewing - same lighting conditions, especially. Understand that once you do have the set dialed in perfectly for these lighting conditions, that it won't look quite as good under any other lighting conditions. :)

Having said that, and understanding that settings are not transferable between sets because lighting and other conditions will be different - here are the settings I use on my 56" 720p JVC HD-ILA:

Tint +3
Color -10
Picture +5
Bright +13
Detail -21
Color temp low
Digital noise clear – low
Color management – off
Dynamic gamma – off

This is for a mostly-darkened room with a little spill over light from a hallway and a lamp on very low, both behind the TV to reduce eyestrain and prevent stubbed toes on the way to the bathroom or kitchen.

The Digital Noise Clear is optional. I've tried High, Low and Off and I'm still not sure how much difference I really see between them. Low is my compromise setting, YMMV.

These should get you at least into the ballpark for your own set, and vastly improve the picture over the out-of-box settings, until you get you hands on a copy of Avia or Digital Video Essentials. (I'm pretty sure the HD version of DVE is either out or due soon. Not owning an HD or Blu Ray player, I haven't really kept up on that release.)

Regards,

Joe

FREQBOX

Auditioning
Real Name
chris drenner
Thanks i will try those settings and go from there.
I wont be getting an hd or bluray for sometime just an upconverting dvd for now

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks