What's new

JVC FA95GD Owners: Multi-Angle Problems? Other comments appreciated... (1 Viewer)

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
I'm considering buying a JVC XV-FA95GD unit. However, after reading through some past posts, I've discovered that some people have had problems with the multi-angle function of their players.

Were these issues ever resolved?

Does anyone have any other comments on this unit?

Thanks!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I have the essentially similar FA80BK, and have had occasions when the multi-angle icon would appear onscreen when there was in fact no alternate angle available on the disc. Happenned a few times on Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes when playing it with the enhanced viewing mode turned on. Also in this mode, which was supposed to cut away from the movie occasionally to present a behind the scenes demo of how a special effect was done, the cutaway didn't occur when it should have on the first attempt. On a second try the feature worked ok.

I don't know if this was a problem with my particular disc or a glitch with the player.

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Thanks Steve. Your comment may have been one of the ones I read. It sounds like even if there is a problem, it's intermittent at best. How else do you feel about the player? Picture quality, build quality, changing mechanism, features, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks