What's new

Just ordered Tosh 50H81 from Sears... (1 Viewer)

Robert V

Stunt Coordinator
for Christmas gift. Won't be delivered until Jan 22. Think I'm in over my head with RPTV's! First, Sears claims to have ISF techs, but they aren't listed in the ISF tech search. I bought a 2 year contract from Sears for calibration for $300. I am considering canceling the contract and searching for an ISF tech in Upstate New York. Any thoughts.
Second, I initially was going to purchase the Tosh 50H81 from Onecall for 2249 shipped. My concern was shipping a large TV and having it arrive damaged. I would like to hear from individuals who have purchased a RPTV online and had it shipped to them.
I ask all these questions because I am considering canceling my Sears order and purchasing from Onecall. Hope to get some feedback soon! Thanks in advance.

Tony_Pat

Agent
Robert, did you get Sears to pricematch Onecall's price? If so, I think you're better off buying from Sears. They're local, and if you have to go through the struggle of exchanging you'll be happier. Don't know about their ISF claims; I would opt for a technician who is listed as a certified tech.

Actually, get Sears to match Crazy Eddie's price: $1880. Just print out the web page and bring it in to Sears. Some people have had trouble getting Sears to match, but in general Sears does have a pricematching policy.

Dave Reichert

Stunt Coordinator
Sears' techs are NOT ISF certified. Also, for $300 you should've gotten 3 years worth of warranty.

They should price match anybody that's out there too. If you are price matching a website, just make sure you bring in a printout of the price plus any shipping charges as they will match the price including shipping for some wack reason.

Kishu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kishore
Robert,
Buy local so you can always return the set in case of issues (esp with Tosh :)). Sears charges $100/yr for maintenance so you should be getting it for 3 yrs.
Get them to match lowest price possible (dunno if they have their list of dealers to pricematch from). Check out xtra 10% for opening a new account with sears card (if relevant).
Onecall offers great support but will not be able to help you with TV set problems-you would be dealing with Tosh authorized service rep and you cannot return the set, or go for a bigger/smaller set in case you cnage your mind :)
Cheers,
Kishore

Robert V

Stunt Coordinator
thanks... pricematched from onecall for 2249 plus shipping. might keep the three year warranty...thanks for the replies

Brett_R

Auditioning
I bought a Toshiba 57HX81 from Onecall. The freight company delivered the set 2 weeks later. This was not Onecall's fault but I was still disappointed to say the least. But what really put me over the top was when I opened the box only to find the TV was destroyed. It was beyond damaged, I haven't saw anything like it before. I almost cried! :angry:

Robert V

Stunt Coordinator
I hear ya' Brett. A damaged product is what I want to avoid. Not related, but I ordered a pair of speakers and Customs tore one apart, almost destroying a crossover and driver! Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks