What's new

Just ordered my new DVD player (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished ordering a JVC XV-S65GD which is replacing my Panny RP56. Hopefully it will live up to all the hype! Anyway, if anyone is considering this player, 800.com is running a special sale till November 19th I believe. Shipped to your house for $199.94! Pretty good deal I think.

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
So you like gold eh?
wink.gif
I have read some good things about the new JVC players, and I just bought the JVC XV-SA70B last night. I await its arrival!!

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
I just brought home a JVC XV-SA75GD. Used a 10% discount coupon at BB so I made out pretty well. I had intended to get the new Toshiba SD-4700, but my BB did't have them, so I went with the JVC. The gold is ok I suppose. Doesn't matter, because the look of my components was spoiled anyway when I added a Kenwood 200 cd megachanger. The thing has a silver face and looks like a big toaster oven.
All seems well with the player, although I don't (yet) have a HD monitor so I can't test the progressive capabilities.
BTW, what's the difference between the 75 and the 65??
JR

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
Honeslty the only reason I got the gold is because I could find a better price on it, ie.....cheaper! :) For some reason the gold 65gd came out about $10-15 cheaper then the internally same 60. Though very similar in price, being a poor college student directed my though process more towards the 65. All my components are black, but looks like I will be getting a little color in the rack now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks