Just ordered my new DVD player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andy_brehm, Nov 10, 2001.

1. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

I just finished ordering a JVC XV-S65GD which is replacing my Panny RP56. Hopefully it will live up to all the hype! Anyway, if anyone is considering this player, 800.com is running a special sale till November 19th I believe. Shipped to your house for $199.94! Pretty good deal I think.

2. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

So you like gold eh? [​IMG] I have read some good things about the new JVC players, and I just bought the JVC XV-SA70B last night. I await its arrival!!

3. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

John - where did you order the 70 from? Thanks.

4. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

crutchfield

5. JohnFR

JohnFR Stunt Coordinator

I just brought home a JVC XV-SA75GD. Used a 10% discount coupon at BB so I made out pretty well. I had intended to get the new Toshiba SD-4700, but my BB did't have them, so I went with the JVC. The gold is ok I suppose. Doesn't matter, because the look of my components was spoiled anyway when I added a Kenwood 200 cd megachanger. The thing has a silver face and looks like a big toaster oven.
    All seems well with the player, although I don't (yet) have a HD monitor so I can't test the progressive capabilities.
    BTW, what's the difference between the 75 and the 65??
    JR

6. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

JohnFR - DVD-audio.

7. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

Honeslty the only reason I got the gold is because I could find a better price on it, ie.....cheaper! [​IMG] For some reason the gold 65gd came out about $10-15 cheaper then the internally same 60. Though very similar in price, being a poor college student directed my though process more towards the 65. All my components are black, but looks like I will be getting a little color in the rack now!