What's new

Just Got an Onkyo TX-DS 696. What are good rear and middle channel speakersto gowith? (1 Viewer)

JacobH

Auditioning
Well I am new to this thread and i am new to th whole Home Theater thing. I just got an Onkyo TX-DS 696 for my father for x-mas at a really good price 604.00. He has two Front speakers already so he needs rear speakers and a middle channel so I need some suggestions from the experts here on what is good but not to pricey. I dont want to spend a fortune on anything because I already dropped 6 bones on the reciever ( even though that is nothing compared to what most ppl spend on them :) but then again I want something that is realativley decent so price is a factor. Of course everyone wants the best bang for the buck, but i am kinda broke now :) So i definatly need it. So if anyone can point me to sum good speakers and a place to buy them at for a good price i would REALLY apprciate at it.
P.S. I kinda need to get them before x-mas cause they go along with the whole x-mas gift pack :)
thanks
Jacob

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Will Farrar

Auditioning
To make a good suggestion we need to know what kind of speakers he already has. It's pretty important for the center speaker to tonally match the fronts. You can get away with different rears but it's nice if they match too.

Will

JacobH

Auditioning
He Has a pair of JBL's model is LX55. they are 8ohm speakers. Now i dont know if these are great for home theater action but this is what he has and he is going to keep them i guess so what middle speaker and what rear speakers would be a good choice? thank you much ;)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Try going to the JBL website and seeing if they have a center channel that matches that series of speakers. I'm sure you can find them online somewhere if they are an older model. As for the rear center I don't know.

JacobH

Auditioning
I tried to look on the JBL website but couldnt find any info on home theater with these speakers. So can anyone suggest and good speakers? or I guess I will be on my own to wander in the vast wilderness of mid and rear speakers. Or can anyone point me to a good website that has ratings and comparisons on speaker setups for mid and rears?

Thanks

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really liking th JBL Studio Series Center Channel. In fact I just ordered a JBL PB12 Subwoofer and I'm seriously thinking as a xmas gift to my dad(we live in same house I'm 21) to get a JBL studio Series Center Channel and bookshelves for surrounds.;) ;)

JacobH

Auditioning
Ok I am thinkings of buying these
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=jbltrio135
the JBL TRIO135
89.88 good price?
now they arent the most expensive speakers int eh world but since he already has JBL speakers i figured these would go nicely. Well i am going to order these puppies in a couple of days so if anyone knows of a better deal or place i am can get them lemme know :) thanks alot this forum is a great place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks