What's new

Just bought the Pan 47WX42 ! (1 Viewer)

Well,

I finally went out and bought the Panasonic 47WX42, and CC is delivering it tomorrow.

I understand that out-of-the-box, it may require minor adjustments, but I've used AVIA for my old TV, so I'm hoping this one won't be too much of a problem.

Can anyone recommend some good adjustment/tweaking tips?

Any good sites or forums dedicated to this set?

Many thanks!

:)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.
Oh, and I have a quick question, if anyone knows....

For regular signals (ie. DSS DirecTV), does this TV upconvert them? To what?

Also, I was told it does not handle 720p.... is this correct?

Thanks!

:)

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator
only 480i/p and 1080i which is what most rptv's do. it will most likely downconvert it to 480p if fed a 720p for that model or not except the feed at all. good choice and good luck. i almost bought that set myself.

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Congrats on your purchase. I recently bought the PT53wx42, and am loving it. Almost everything you need to know is over at www.panny.tv. The site was started based on the wx49 series, but most of it applies to the wx42 series as well.

The set will not accept a 720p signal. This, AFAIK, is not a problem though, as I know of no DTV tuner that will put out 720p, but not 1080i. Unless you were hoping for a 720p capable display, in which case you should not have bought this set! ;-)

Anyway congrats and enjoy your new TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks