What's new

Just bought Klipsch RF3II's and love them. (1 Viewer)

Keith Tesori

Auditioning
I replaced my 8 year old Technics speakers today. The difference in sound clarity is amazing. I've only been listening to music so far. Pop in a cd and it sounds like the singer is in your living room. Very bright and nice sounding. The bass is even pretty good although I do have an SVS 25-31pci on order. I started cranking it and a large picture that is framed above my fireplace came down. These speakers are also very heavy. I used to have a problem with my cats running and jumping on my old speakers and causing them to tip over against the wall. Not gonna happen to these bad boys.
Right now I have a Klipsch KSCC1 center channel and 2 quintets for rears that I got cheap on Ubid a few months ago as the rest of my home theater setup. I hope to upgrade to the rest of the reference series when my wallet permits.
I am running everything on a Yamaha HTR-5490 reciever.
Anyways, I just want to say these are some great speakers and that this is a cool forum. A ton of useful information here.

Joe-T

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Keith, I'm sure you'll love them more each day. You may even get completely hooked on the Klipsch sound in time. Enjoy!

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Another happy RF3II owner. I love mine also. You will also notice a nice difference when get the RC3 center. I had the kscc1 and it is not nearly as good as the RC3. Enjoy your new speakers!

DanaA

Screenwriter
Yes, I'm always happy to see another happy Klipsch owner and the sound will get better. These speakers do have a break in period. They will sound smoother and lose none of their detail.

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
I had the RF3s and loved them as well, but ended up upgrading to RF7s along with the RC7 center and WOW...amazing sound.

This weekend I did another type of upgrade, I purchased some AudioQuest Type4 cable and Bi-Wired the speakers using 12Ga Monster cable to the Low Side and the Type 4 to the High side and the soundstage is wider and more detailed now than before, I never thought it would really do much but I'm a believer now, it's thickly wired on the back of my receiver now but worth it!

Enjoy those RF3s and I'd second the recommendation on the RC3 or better yet the RC7s nice vocals on that speaker!

G2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.