What's new

Just bought a Sampson S1000 amp (no RCA input?) (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
I just ordered the S-1000 from SVS and, being the dumbass I am, didn't read the manual first.

My consumer-grade receiver only has RCA outputs, so the question is: How do I hook it up? The AMP only has XLR and TRS inputs.

Is a standard RCA cable the same as a two conductor, unbalanced line? Are there RCA to XLR or RCA to TRS cables out there?

TIA

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
You can buy adapters and cables that go from RCA to TRS. If you got a store like Mars or Guitar Center, basically anyplace that sells a bunch of instruments, give them a try.

Jon Best

Grip
www.markertek.com

You can buy a cable that has RCA on one end and 1/4 on the other here for short money. An adapter will also work, it's no big deal as I remember many people running into the same problem a few years ago when SVS first came out and many were using pro amps for the first time.

Arnold_R

Stunt Coordinator
You can get the RCA to 1/4 adapter from Radioshack. That's what I use on my QSC amp which is connected to my AVR.

Arnold

Paul W

Second Unit
After getting my S-1000 and cables all set up and connected to my SVS 16-46 CS+ (and legacy Infinity BU12), all I can say is . . .

DAMN!!!!

This thing rocks.

I can't believe 6 months ago I paid almost this much money for an AMC 2 channel amp that sounded anemic (I swear I got more sound pressure from an old 80w JVC receiver I bought back in 1990!).

My neighbors are not going to be liking this.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks