What's new

Just Beginning (1 Viewer)

DanJo

Auditioning
Hello Everyone,

I recieved a Home Theater System by Yamaha for Christmas. Got it set up and sounds good. When I buy or rent a DVD it says on the case about 5.1, Dolby,Digital,Surrond Sound and on and on. My question is, Do I set my reciever for what it says on the case or does the reciever and DVD player read the disk and sets everything for the best sound possible? The system is the Yamaha YHT-500. Thanks for your site and I am glad I found it.

DanJo

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
The receiver should automatically detect from the DVD Player what the audio source type is.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Do I set my reciever for what it says on the case or does the reciever and DVD player read the disk and sets everything for the best sound possible?
Many discs offer a choice of soundtracks, which you select from the disc's menu. Don't assume that the player will automatically choose the best one. For example, some discs offer a choice between a DD 5.1 track and a 2-channel stereo mix, with the latter as the default. With those discs, if you don't select the 5.1 mix on the disc's menu, you'll get stereo.

M.

DanJo

Auditioning
Thanks you 2 for your quick reply. I think I need too pay more attention to the disc menu.:D Hope you don't get tired of me, just learning.

DanJo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks