What's new

Judex (1916) Bluray release from Gaumont...? (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm at a loss here, the BRD of the classic 1916 Judex done by Gaumont films in France was to be released Dec 8th. The date has come and gone, and I did find it eventually on the Gaumont site in France, but not speaking the language I wasn't able to complete the sale. The fact that niether US or America showed up for shipping options I had a go in search of their US distributor, assuming it's Gaumont US, they do have an office in Los Angeles...still no information of the release? This Bluray release is not on Amazon, Ebay, Critic's Chioce and other sources. I keep going around in circles, on google looking for this mysterious edition. It's beginnig to be as elusive as Judex himself!!
Does anyone else know where the BRD of this can be found?
I do have the very nice Flicker Alley Edition, but I would love to compair this one with the new Gaumont edition.

Attachments

• slhpxa619eo71.jpg
    slhpxa619eo71.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 80
  • t45471uajld.jpg
    t45471uajld.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 54

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I'm at a loss here, the BRD of the classic 1916 Judex done by Gaumont films in France was to be released Dec 8th. The date has come and gone, and I did find it eventually on the Gaumont site in France, but not speaking the language I wasn't able to complete the sale. The fact that niether US or America showed up for shipping options I had a go in search of their US distributor, assuming it's Gaumont US, they do have an office in Los Angeles...still no information of the release? This Bluray release is not on Amazon, Ebay, Critic's Chioce and other sources. I keep going around in circles, on google looking for this mysterious edition. It's beginnig to be as elusive as Judex himself!!
Does anyone else know where the BRD of this can be found?
I do have the very nice Flicker Alley Edition, but I would love to compair this one with the new Gaumont edition.

Many pre-orders on Amazon sites are not available to those outside of the country, in this case Amazon France, until after release date.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
You will have to wait for an Anglophone label picks them up. Good luck, I fear.
Fro now I'm content with the excelent DVD edition from Flicker Alley!! Maybe they can do a BRD version?? Just got the Golden Head BRD and will check out that wonderful rareity as soon as it gets here!! I got that and the German 20s Sherlock classic Hound of the Baskervilles on Bluray.

tatifan

Auditioning
Real Name
Neal
Several posts on the Nitrateville forum confirm that there ARE English subs on Tih-Minh (and the amazon.fr page for Judex lists "Anglais" under subtitles as well), and that they are region A-B-C. I wonder if anyone will pick these up for release in the US.

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
Several posts on the Nitrateville forum confirm that there ARE English subs on Tih-Minh (and the amazon.fr page for Judex lists "Anglais" under subtitles as well), and that they are region A-B-C. I wonder if anyone will pick these up for release in the US.
Forgive my stupidity. It took a week of watching these until I bothered to look at the menu itself which includes subtitle option. The reviews are correct, both titles are English subbed. now buy and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks