What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I have to allow them some artistic licence for story purposes.;)

However, it goes beyond simple artistic licence when you have characters whose first reaction should have been to ask, "why is there a space station here instead of the expected prisoner transport?", basically going, "tracking beacon?"...."yup"....."gunship launching"......"Tally Ho, let's kill hundreds of people who may not even know what is happening".

It was bad, because it was thoughtless in its execution. But, like you said, it is my opinion which pretty well goes without saying for anyone who posts here.
Except they made the 20 minutes time line a big item by counting down the minutes to a certain extent. Anyhow, perhaps the next episode would fit your fancy.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Well, I have to allow them some artistic licence for story purposes.;)

However, it goes beyond simple artistic licence when you have characters whose first reaction should have been to ask, "why is there a space station here instead of the expected prisoner transport?", basically going, "tracking beacon?"...."yup"....."gunship launching"......"Tally Ho, let's kill hundreds of people who may not even know what is happening".

Not to mention the other ship obviously fleeing from the place that they almost run into but otherwise ignore completely. But hey, shoot first and ask questions later.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I didn't mind the rest of it but the ending really brings it down due to the lack of thought that went into it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the episode was really good with a lot of suspense and action.
I liked that it told a complete story with some twists and turns along the way. It felt like they packed more into the running time than many of the other episodes.

Really loved this one, the best episode so far...felt more adult and dangerous than previous episodes.
I agree with this. We've been told that the Mandalorian runs in some dangerous circles, but this episode really showed it.

Another episode that doesn’t move the overall story forward one iota, but it was fun, if a bit predictable.
I think anybody expecting really strong serialized storytelling is probably going to be disappointed. It seems like a pretty episodic show by design.

My guess is that he'll find a safe home for Baby Yoda in the season finale, and then there will be a new MacGuffin next season to link the episodes together. But mostly, this show is about the pleasures of watching the Mandalorian do his thing.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that he'll find a safe home for Baby Yoda in the season finale, and then there will be a new MacGuffin next season to link the episodes together. But mostly, this show is about the pleasures of watching the Mandalorian do his thing.

i can’t imagine Baby Yoda going away anytime soon at this point.

I’m actually flabbergasted that Disney allowed a halt on the Baby Yoda merch (especially at holiday season) to avoid spoilers.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I think anybody expecting really strong serialized storytelling is probably going to be disappointed. It seems like a pretty episodic show by design.

The first three episodes certainly gave the impression that it would be more serialized. But maybe it'll be similar to "The Clone Wars" where there are some multi-episode serialized stories along with stand alone episodes.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

The first three episodes certainly gave the impression that it would be more serialized. But maybe it'll be similar to "The Clone Wars" where there are some multi-episode serialized stories along with stand alone episodes.

That’s the sense I’m starting to get too. My big question is, will The Child be a permanent sidekick or is he merely this season’s main storyline?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That’s the sense I’m starting to get too. My big question is, will The Child be a permanent sidekick or is he merely this season’s main storyline?
I suppose it depends if they'd already written him out by the time he became a cultural phenomenon.

I just finished watching The Empire Strikes Back, and at one point Yoda admonishes Luke: "Ready, are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained!"

He's about a year shy of 900 at that point, which suggests he started training Jedi when he was nearly 100 years old. That means that either the Child is deliberately pretending to be younger than he actually is, or a lot of major developmental milestones happen between 50 and 100.

Either way, they could do a new series that picks up chronologically after The Rise of Skywalker with the Child in his eighties where he's speaking and more proactively learning the Force.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought the episode paid tribute to Alien too, with the stalking through the halls, red lights flashing and klaxons wailing.

As for Baby Yoda, take it with a grain of salt, but
Rian Johnson let slip that BY was seen on set during the filming of season 2.

I’m guessing the season ends with a reveal of who it was we saw by the dead bounty hunter on Tatooine.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I hated the female long cone things on head character.
Mouth open. Licking her teeth and mugging the entire time.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t doubt that but for me it was to the detriment of the episode.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
upload_2019-12-16_12-46-50.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks