What's new

Joe Strummer Dead (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I can't tell you how saddened I am by this news. Joe Strummer was not only a great musician but he was a great person as well who never let the celebrity of being a rock star get to him. He remained down to earth and stuck by his views & beliefs, he never sold out. The Clash's music and influence will continue on without him and his memory will live on with me and many, many other fans.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
best show I ever saw was the Clash and the English Beat at the SF Civic
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

oh god am i jealous!

PaulBoud

Agent
Man, this was like a kick in the stomach or some other sensitive area. What can you say, the guy was fantastic. If you don't own the DVD, West Way to the World, I highly recommend it. Unfortunetly, I only got to see them play in '84
after Mick got sacked. Not quite the same. Besides I got way too drunk. The one band that my wife and I agree on is The Clash. But at least we have what he left us, which is to say some of the best music ever created.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Unfortuneatly, since he isn't a rap star, news coverage will probably be very limited much like Joey Ramone, Dee Dee Ramone, and Stuart Adamson (Skids, Big Country).
MTV and VH1 would have devoted more coverage to him, but unfortunately his death doesn't affect the key demographics that those 2 networks are targeting. It's not like one of Destiny's Child died you know...:rolleyes

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I think MTV 2 re-ran the CLASH documentary that played last week.
At least his music will live forever. I wish my band had time to do a CLASH cover at our show tommorrow as a tribute to him.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks