What's new

Jess Franco's FACELESS 01/27/04 (1 Viewer)

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
From the mastermind of Jess Franco, director of VAMPYROS LESBOS, SUCCUBUS, Shriek Show's KILLER BARBYS, and many more! Beautiful women are violently abducted and kept hostage in a covert clinic where Dr. Flamand (Helmut Berger) conducts grisly skin graft experiments, leaving unwilling human guinea pigs mutilated and dead. When a powerful industrialist (Telly Savalas) finds his fashion model daughter (Caroline Munro) missing, it takes Detective Sam Morgan (Christopher Mitchum) to uncover the mad doctor's secret house of surgical horrors!

Faceless
Year: 1988
Video: 1.85:1 * 16:9

Features:
Commentary with director Jess Franco and actor Lina Romay

"The Brains Behind Faceless" interview with Jess Franco & Lena Romay

"The Beauty Behind Faceless" interview with Caroline Munro

"The Brawn Behind Faceless" interview with Christopher Mitchum

Rating: Not Rated
Genre: Euro-Horror
Audio: Mono
Language: English Language
Length: Color 99 minutes
DVD Retail Price: $19.95
Company: Media Blasters/Shriek Show

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
I've seen some pretty good reviews of this film. Something that can't be said for many of Franco's efforts! Hopefully Media Blasters will put of a flaw-free disc.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I know this is slightly off-topic, but while we're talking about Media Blasters, what ever happened to their 2-disc Zombi 2?

It was delayed, and now I can't find any mention of it... anywhere!

Let's all hope it hasn't been cancelled. Fulci's best deserves a decent edition. Actually... maybe Criterion should do it. (I can dream, can't I?!)

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
I spoke with Media Blasters just a few days ago in regards to:

ZOMBI 2 (2 Disc Set)
FACELESS (2 Disc Set)
A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN
VIRGIN OF NUREMBERG
SLAUGHTER HOTEL

They said they had no idea when they would be released. They said that they did not make the discs and that they were still waiting for them. Don't ask me what that means, but that's what the person told me.

I received a catalog in the mail with a sampler DVD of trailers and a making of for FLESH OF THE BEAST.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
A few months ago, Media Blasters cancelled the announced release dates on every one of their titles. Given problems that have arisen for them in the past, their new policy is to not announce a release date until the disc is ready. Some of the previously announced titles, such as Zombi 2 and A Lizard in a Woman's Skin, are undergoing some legal wrangling before the releases can happen.

DJ

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Anything that Caroline Munro is in is worth a buy for me. Goodness but that woman is gorgeous! :b

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Caroline's a good egg and a really generous person. It's a shame she doesn't work more, but I guess part of the problem is living in the UK and not having an agent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks