Jean-Pierre Jeunet's films on DVD...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel P, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Daniel P

Daniel P Stunt Coordinator

When will Amelie and Delicatessen arrive on DVD in region 1?

Is the region 2 Amelie going to be 1 or 2 discs?

How is the region 1 City Of Lost Children DVD? (picture, sound, extra features)?

Will there be a re-issue of COLC, with Dolby Digital 5.1, seings Delicatessen and Amelie are getting nice DVD's in region 2?

2. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Second Unit

Douglas Bailey
    I wouldn't mind seeing one (along with R1 Delicatessen and Amélie discs, please please), but until/unless it happens, I'll be satisfied with the existing R1 disc.

3. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

The R1 City of Lost Children does include a commentary track with Juenet and Ron Perlman, a costume design gallery, a production sketch gallery, and the trailer. For some reason the early pressings of this disc omitted this information from the jacket so there was no way of knowing the extras were even there without putting in the disc and looking for them.

4. Daniel P

Is the audio good enough - without a 5.1 mix?

Is there much bass or surround activity?

5. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, the audio on COLC is very decent. It definitely sounds beefy during some scenes, and I recall the surround ambience being fairly effective despite a non-5.1 mix. Some of the early bits with the cyclops men are very aggressive sounding.
    And the commentary is very enjoyable as well -- I'm always amazed at how well foreign directors speak English. Between this and the Run Lola Run commentary, I feel like a complete ignoramus. I could only imagine the spectacular failure I would produce if doing a French or German commentary! [​IMG]

6. Daniel P

LOL [​IMG]
    I feel the same way.
    Well I think I'm now sold on the current COLC disc, and will keep my fingers crossed for nice Amelie and Delicatessen discs.
    Thanks to all of you...