What's new

Jean-Pierre Jeunet's films on DVD... (1 Viewer)

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
When will Amelie and Delicatessen arrive on DVD in region 1?

Is the region 2 Amelie going to be 1 or 2 discs?

How is the region 1 City Of Lost Children DVD? (picture, sound, extra features)?

Will there be a re-issue of COLC, with Dolby Digital 5.1, seings Delicatessen and Amelie are getting nice DVD's in region 2?

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
The R1 City of Lost Children does include a commentary track with Juenet and Ron Perlman, a costume design gallery, a production sketch gallery, and the trailer. For some reason the early pressings of this disc omitted this information from the jacket so there was no way of knowing the extras were even there without putting in the disc and looking for them.

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Is the audio good enough - without a 5.1 mix?

Is there much bass or surround activity?

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the audio on COLC is very decent. It definitely sounds beefy during some scenes, and I recall the surround ambience being fairly effective despite a non-5.1 mix. Some of the early bits with the cyclops men are very aggressive sounding.
And the commentary is very enjoyable as well -- I'm always amazed at how well foreign directors speak English. Between this and the Run Lola Run commentary, I feel like a complete ignoramus. I could only imagine the spectacular failure I would produce if doing a French or German commentary! :)

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
LOL ;)
I feel the same way.
Well I think I'm now sold on the current COLC disc, and will keep my fingers crossed for nice Amelie and Delicatessen discs.
Thanks to all of you...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks