What's new

JBL-SCS 135 Package - PLEASE Help!! (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
O.K. -
I tried this a couple of weeks ago, but very little response (thanks to those who did respond privately!)... so let me rephrase and ask again
wink.gif

It's another "one of those budget-related questions" :)
Do any of you have the JBL SCS-135 6-pc. speaker system? I KNOW it's only $400, but it sounds good to me. What do you honestly think about this, or would I be better off getting the NSP-1 package? I've read a lot of positive reviews over on audioreview.com and I'm trying to get started in the right direction, but the Northridge series doesn't have the sub, and I know it needs a sub.. $$$$ comes into play here
frown.gif

I didn't want to post this on the current JBL N thread that's popular, 'cause I didn't want it to be off-topic.
Please help me out!

John Cavacas

Agent
I agree with the above statement. The SCS 135 is a great package for the money, especialy the sub. I started with that same exact package back in February. I've recently started upgrading my speakers. I'm still using 2 SCS 135s for my surrounds but my fronts have all been replaced with JBL S310s and the S-Center respectivly. Next in line are those surrounds and then the Sub.
If you can afford it, I would go with the NSP-1 series, you do get more speaker for the buck, with the notable exception of a sub.
If you're room is small the SCS 135s will do just fine. The only one fault I found with them, besides wanting something better, was the center channel. I never really liked the way it sounded. Besides that, they are great for the money.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the replies. That helps my decision. You know how it gets when you're close to buying - you want it RIGHT NOW and it's hard to wait. But in this situation that's what I'll probably do and hook up with the Northridge group.
Any other opinions would still be welcome :)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Sean,
Hey man- your viewpoint is well-taken, and is very logical (oops, that sounds like a Star Trek ripoff!) SOMEone has to calm me down and put this all in perspective!
Thanks again. NSP-1 it is.
biggrin.gif

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Ryan,
Yes, you're right ...I have been doing much research into that very thing!
And I've found them both for as low as $269.00 online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks