What's new

JBL S38: Vertical / Horizontal - Pictures? (1 Viewer)

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
I know there are a ton of threads regarding JBL, but I couldn't find the info I was looking for, so here goes...

To all who have the S38 on speaker stands, do you have them vertical or horizontal? Better yet, do you have pictures?

I'm going to be replacing some older, unmatched JBL's and have decided on the studio series. I currently have tower mains, and was originally thinking about the S310 for mains. However, I thought I would save a couple bucks and get the S38. (don't need the 10" woofs, have an SVS) Plus, I thought it would be fun to build my own stands. But I am curious as to what these S38's look like on stands. I feel like horizontal might look funny... or would vertical look funny...

Pictures would be great.

thanks much.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Some claim it doesn't, I haven't gotten around to actually trying it yet, but I would think vertical would hurt the sound as the crossover was designed with the horizontal position in mind.

I have pictures of the S38 in a horizontal position on stands I built on my website. Follow the link in my sig.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
which is critical to the smooth spatial response required in today’s working environments.
Interestingly, unlike the JBL S38, the $1,998.00 MSRP JBL LSR 32 can be placed vertically, because the cast aluminum sub-baffle can be rotated for vertical placement.
So, horizontal placement is the JBL recommendation for the JBL S38 & S36.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks