1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

JBL nsp1 vs. Energy take 5.2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Fineberg, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

has anyone had any experience with these or thoughts? I was wondering which was better bang for the buck and which would I be most happy with. I am using a denon 3801. Am I not even looking in the right category of speakers with this reciever. Let me know. I am really looking forward to having complete timbre matching speakers. Thanks ahead of time!!

2. BryanW

BryanW Agent

I don't have the take 5 ,I have the Encore speakers. I have heard both and both sound great but the Encores are worth the extra money they can be had under $1000 if you look. there is a company on ebay that sells them at a buy it now price just under 900 that where I bought mine. His add is named Icdtech. Had no problems with them even gave me a good price on the Encore stands. Don't think you'll find them cheaper.By the way I have a Yammaha RXV800 a great combination!

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

4. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

Phew, thank god Phil found a way to shorten his JBL NSP1 speech [​IMG]

5. Baldemar Garcia

Baldemar Garcia Stunt Coordinator

I don't usually like recommending something other than listed items, but I think this is a great deal. Check out the Velodyne CHT system at onecall.com. At $250, it's worthy of consideration. No affiliation with either onecall or Velodyne, just passing on what I consider to be a great deal.
    ------------------
    bgarcia