What's new

JBL NSP - 1 owners: What (if any?) speaker stands are you using? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I have been searching for speaker stands for my NSP1 setup. I need 2 for the front 2 speakers, as I really don't want to wall mount them at this time.
Does anyone have the JBL stands that "go" with the N24 speakers? They seem somewhat hard to come by... and they are listed at $129.99 - which seems a bit high considering I only paid $229 for the speakers :)
If anyone owns the JBL stands - how do you like them? Are they sturdy enough? They look kinda slim and shaky :)
Thanks for any input...
BTW: I noticed that Amazon.com has the NSP-1 set for $228.94 + shipping right now online, so if anyone has been looking for a good price on this set, now may be your chance.
heres the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...947370-5096652

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else think speaker stands are laughably overpriced? I bought these at $20/piece a couple years back:
Link Removed
and nestle my videogame consoles on the adjustable shelves with the speakers on top. These models were going for $9.99 last week at Kmart (blk or wht):
Link Removed
I snagged one to use the extra shevles in my current cases. I guess it just depends on what will match with your setup. Mine is more of a gaming place than a theater, but what do you think of the price differences?
I actually took advantage of that NSP-1 $230 shipped deal at buy.com as well. I sold 2 of the N24s and purchased a pair of N26s for the mains, BB was having a sale on them for $139.99. If you're not worried about getting speakers on ebay they have em new for pretty good prices. I just needed something bigger up front.

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
I have my two fronts setting on top of my old Bose 601's :D , and my surronds on Radio Shack adjustable metal stands that cost me $60 for the pair.

Kenny Booth

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a pair of "standesign" from j&r--about 75 bucks pair. Adjustable heigth (24"-42") and very well made. I drilled a hole in the top plate and bolted the speaker on--(speaker has a tapped hole in the bottom)

I liked'em enough that I bought two more.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Derek or anyone else,
Thanks for the info about the JBL stands from JandR.com
JBLFS300BK1.GIF

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...e,Product_Name
The info on these stands says: These black floor stands support any surround satellites in the JBL family of home cinema speakers.
Has anyone used these stands? Will they hold the N24 JBL speakers?

ozric_smith

Agent
Those stands are not the the N24's, I made that mistake myself. I wound not spend the money on the real stands for the N24 or N26, they fit into the bottom of the speakers and you cant use them for anything else. I got some flat top stand that JandR sells for like $49-69 I forget. Any way I just bought some N28's for fronts and they can use these stands too. Alway plan for your next upgrade. :D

Kyle W

Grip
Michael:
I'm using Tech-Craft's PS-31 Speaker stands for my N24's. Consumer Direct Warehouse sells them for $35/pair plus shipping.
ps16.jpg

The width of the speakers is just barely the width of the stand top, so it looks okay. I bought the stands for my Kenwood HTB-503 speakers which were larger and looked better on these stands, but the N24's sit on the stands just fine.
They've got a durable black vinyl finish on them, and are fairly attractive for the price.
Kyle

David B O

Auditioning
I actually built stands for my fronts using the screw hole on the bottom.

I picked up 2 12 inch circles of MDF wood at HD (it had the consistancy of wood but I bet its just cardboard) for $2 each.

I then snagged two 3 foot long 3/8 inch giant screw things for $2 each.

Drilled a hole in the middle of each piece of wood and screwed in the giant screws. Screw in the speaker on top and your done.

Worked out well for $4 a stand.

I'd post a picture but I don't have a place to host it yet.

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
what are the tech craft stands made of? Is it MDF or just regular particle board?

Ron_L

Second Unit
half of the " wooden " stands shown are particle board.

the N24 COMES with wall mounts....why not use them?

N26 is a little difficult to get wall mounts for but why want stands for the N24's?

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for all the replies fellas...I ended up going with the Sanus 31" stands from Best Buy. So far, they are doing a great job. Here's a pic:
Link Removed
Thanks again for all the recommendations...

Kyle W

Grip
Alexis,

For the Tech-Craft stands, I believe that the base and top are MDF, while the sides are particle board.

For the money, you can't beat them.

Kyle

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Phil and Michael,

Will the Sanus 31" stands fit the N-26's as well? If so, I will drop by Best Buy and pick up a pair over the weekend. Also Phil, will I need to purchase the velcro separately to keep them in place?

Reg

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
... need to purchase the velcro separately to keep them in place?
Yes! I bought some 1" x 6" velcro @ a computer store for $2.69 (originally for my S26, but so far haven't used them - the four rubber pads on my 7" x 7" plate x 16" high Sanus Stand is pretty stable with my S26's). You can cut them to the size you want.
Hope this helps,
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks