What's new

JBL Northridge Series E60 and E80 "Hissing" problem (1 Viewer)

amanWadhan

Agent
Recently i listened to E60 speakers and could hear a distinct hiss from them while listening to the dialogue from the the center channel EC25. It was quite distracting. I placed my ear close to the speakers and found a "hiss" sound coming from the tweeter region. I don't think there was any interference as wiring was throught the wall and the other equipment was at a safe distance. What could this be? (The receiver was working at about -10 dB). Anyways, I am going to buy E80. Does anyone have these speakers? If yes, how do you find their performance and is there any hissing problem?

I have also heard that E80's come with additional spikes.Is this correct or do I have to but them separately?

Thanks for the help.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
None of my speakers hiss, not at all! If yu hear them his, I would bet it has nothing to do with the speakers themselves, but in the signal (as I have already replied in one of your threads).

They do come with spikes, remember to look for them in the box as they are taped to the cardboard.

Kean-Hock Yeap

Stunt Coordinator
Agree with Mike the hiss likely has nothing to do with the speakers at all. My home speakers hissed (same thing you observed -- coming from the tweeters) when connected to a JVC RX-D201S receiver I was trying out, but were totally silent when I connected them to my current receiver Pioneer 1014TX. So in my case it had to do with the receiver.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hiss definitely has nothing to do with your speakers.

-10dB from what? Is that roughly 60%, 90%? What receiver and what source(s) and how are they connected? Are you talking about with the receiver on and nothing playing or during pauses in music, quiet passages? Some level of hiss is present in all systems basically. Does it do it with both digital and analog connections?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
If you put your ear up to the tweeter you will always hear a little bit of hiss. If you can hear it from more than a foot or two away that is something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks