What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

James Clavell - The Asian Saga (1 Viewer)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Thinking about reading some of his (long) books. Just curious if it matters what order you read them in. I know there is a chronological listing on the side of them ("The Asian Saga").

Should they be read in that order? the order he wrote them?

They all sound pretty good to me (except King Rat) but Noble House sounds like something I would really like (and from what I have been told is a great book).

Thanks for any input,

Jason

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
I wouldn't worry about reading them in chronological order. Of the Clavell books I have read, my favorite is Shogun, then Tai-pan, King Rat and Noble House. The Shogun TV miniseries is great. If you haven't seen it I would recommend reading the book first. The movie "King Rat" is pretty good too.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I recommend that you read Tai Pan before Noble House since Noble House brings up a fair amount of content from Tai Pan. Those were some of my favorite books back in high school. Couldn't get into Shogun though for some reason...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks