What's new

J&R slow at shipping? (1 Viewer)

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Last week I ordered my new receiver from J&R Music World. Everything I have ordered from J&R in the past has always shipped the very next day. Since Friday it has been in processing. I thought for sure it would have shipped today but it did not. The item is still listed as in-stock on the web site.

So far I have not contacted them because most likely it is the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend that is causing the delay. I am sure they got pounded with a lot of orders as well. Somehow I sense a problem and it really should have shipped today though. Last time I ordered on a Saturday it shipped first thing on Monday.

Should I be concerned yet?

Chris

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
Not that this has anything to do with your shipping question, but I placed an order this morning over the phone and the guy was pretty rude. However, I have read that their web page order status does not update often. Some people have their orders for 2 weeks and it still shows processing. If you're really concerned I would go ahead and call them but I'm guessing it has already shipped.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
I doubt it has shipped. I have an authorization on my credit card from J&R but it has not actually been charged. This is the first time I have checked the status on line but in the past I always got a "your order has shipped" email.

If it does not ship or get any sort of update tomorrow I am going to call.

One of the big complaints with J&R is from people who order on the internet and it says it is in stock and then it sits in processing without any further word from J&R. After calling it turns out the product is not really in stock and is placed in back order. This makes alot of people mad.

Chris

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Well so far it has not shipped. I still have the authorization on my credit card but no confirmation that my receiver has not shipped.
I must be getting old and cranky because I am not happy at all. I feel that J&R should ship it 2nd Day Air if they are going to be so damn slow. Especially if the item is not really in stock. It is false advertising to say an item is in stock and it really is not. One of the major online vendors got sued over this recently. Not sure who won the case!!!
http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...e,Product_Name
Chris

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

Sorry to hear it. I placed an order on Monday and so far mine still shows as processing. I verified over the phone that the speakers were in stock before I ordered so they better not try pulling anything funny. This is my first order with them and after the way they took my order over the phone it will probably be my last.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Still no e-mail from J&R and my product still has not shipped. I am not happy about this at all and will call them to see what the story is. Unless they admit to some problem and offer to ship it 2nd day (need it by Monday) I will terminate the order.

J&R is in violation of there own policies...

"In the event of delays, every effort will be made to contact you by phone, e-mail or mail. If the delay is due to backorder, you will receive notice and be given the choice to remain on backorder, substitute to another item, or cancel your order."

as per the web site...

It has been one week and have heard nothing.

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
Chris-

My order status changed to "shipped" today. Ordered Monday. Sounds like it would be a good idea to call and find out what's up. Let us know.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Hey Matt,

I called customer service this morning. The person I talked with was really polite about the situation. He honestly had no idea why it did not ship. The item is in stock. Because of my previous orders it was cleared immediately for shipping and should have gone out last Friday or Monday at the latest. The person called the warehouse and said they had no idea why either but they are on it now. He apologized and upgraded the shipping to 2nd Day Air at no charge and informed me it should be here on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

If it ships over the next day and gets here by Monday or Tuesday great. But if it gets wrapped up in more problems and does not ship I will call on Monday to get the order canceled. I would probably try and order again after the Holidays. The local price for the SAHE200S is $469 and nobody has the silver one. J&R has it for $369.88.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks